Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of these days Im going to do a PS. I have bought off ebay the blue ribbon book that has that blue star afghan in it.

Yes like I need another project but I really liked the pattern. Im also trying to make some amigurumi animals. busy busy busy..

Yeah I usually only get up before the kids on school days.Unless by some fluke they sleep in (not normal lol) My dh is on nights so he likes me to stay up late with him most nights. So towards the end of the week we are looking at one crabby mom and wife. lol.

Tabby that's funny my Walmart is out of the same color. It's the one I need for my quilt. I figured I'd do the white for now until they get it in. Have you guys seen the two new quilts at Happy Yellow House? oh they are awesome. Looks like I have at least one new quilt to do after this one is done. lol

LOL Darski! My first ever quilt ghan was one of those kinds & boy did I hate doing it. It took 3 months total but I didn't work on it all the time. It had a total of 430 (?) or something squares 2 1/2 inches each. :eek I will admit that it was well worth it & it now hangs on the back of my couch for everyone to see.:D

I want to get started on my PS so badly. Grrrr.......I hate waiting.:angry *whines, throws self on floor & kicks feet*

:rofl

I do have lt. blue & delft blue but neither will do. :no Geeze Louise. :think I guess I have to wait until tomorrow & she doesn't open until 11 a.m. if I can get a ride. :no:(

Donna- thanks for adding the note about the 2 new patterns at happy yellow house-- WOW ...

Isn't that Casablanca stunning ? Looks to me like someone here will give that one a whirl !

And don't look at me , folks. I still havent accomplished the PS . :eek:think:(

Tabby dont worry it wont be long and you will be able to start. patience girl.

I like your avatar by the way, very nice.

Julie you will surprise us all one day and finish the PS you have started. We all have projects that will probably sit there for ages and not get finished.

Donna- thanks for adding the note about the 2 new patterns at happy yellow house-- WOW ...

Isn't that Casablanca stunning ? Looks to me like someone here will give that one a whirl !

And don't look at me , folks. I still havent accomplished the PS . :eek:think:(

Oh my!!! I didn't realize there were two new ones after the ones you posted about. WOW! I love that casablanca ghan. I will be doing that one next, lol like I need another project. HeeHee! :lol

And you will finish it, I have faith in you. :):manyheart

I just did the math and the Casablanca takes 1,728 of those little squares. :faint

Darski~I did the math earlier too & re-thought my previous comment on actually doing this monster. But I do love it so I may brave it anyways. It would probably take a whole yr. to finish since 400 & something took me 3 months, lol. Wanna brave it too? :devil

Tabby I may brave it with you after this one is done. It will probably take me a year or more too. LOL. I just realized the one I'm doing now is over 750 little squares :eek But I love the casablanca too. So we will have to see how I feel when I'm done with this Ohio Star. I have to admit these quilts are addicting :lol

Darski~I didn't think so but you can't blame a girl for trying. :lol:P

Donna~Yippee!! See i'm not alone. I think its beauty would be worth the work. I have to get some of this other stuff off of my plate first too so no rush. ;) Aren't these quilts addicting? Way too addicting. :yes

I did get the country blue at the local yarn shop but I paid for it, $2.29 for a 3.5 oz. skein. :eek That's what I pay for one 7 oz. in Walmart but oh well it was worth not waiting. I only need 5 oz. anyways. :hook I'll post a pic. when I get something done.:D

I just found you guys...and maybe you can encourage me - in between my BS cal and other wips - to finish the few squares left in the red white and blue cat quilt pattern I began YEARS ago. Then it needs to be assembled:P...a whole other thing:(

I am such a procrastinator...but at least now I know NEVER to make anything else with squares that are less than 12 inches:eek

Tabby no problem with waiting. I need to get this first quilt out of the way lol. I'm glad you got your yarn I know what you mean about wanting to just get it started. I think I may head over to Hobby Lobby this week and take a look. They have some yarn bee something for 75% off. LOL Not sure which it is but I'll take a look at any yarn for 99 cents. These quilts are definitely very addicting. :yes

Hi Judi and welcome to the CAL. I know what you mean about being a procrastinator. I think it helps to do these projects with others so we all help each other to continue. I can't wait to see pictures of what you've done so far. It sounds like a very nice one. :)

Donna, Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. I just gave my MIL a couple of my older afghans (she's in a nursing home), so I'll have room to hold on to the cat/quilt one when it's finally assembled:D ...no telling when...but I have to take baby steps, I keep reminding myself. 4 inch squares...what WAS I thinking!?

Everything I want to finish will take time - and will have to fit in between the newer projects that I want to do:P .

I get bored so easily:D

And photos: w/out a digital camera, is it still possible to post them if they've been scanned in, for example?

yes once you have them scanned into your computer you can put them into a free photo site such as photobucket.com or any others (I only know photobucket as it's what I use) and then post it here using the img link. Here is a post that explains it in much better detail.

Archived