no-chain start method

theworm

Question

Crochet4me mentioned a no-chain start method that she learned at Crochetville. I did a search but can't find it. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

6 answers to this question

While I can't lead you to a site - and since others already have - I will tell you that I ran across a pattern a while back an it involved the no-chain start, and at first I gave it a big 'HUH?' - but then I did what the voices in my head told me to do - and what the directions said, and it wasn't that hard! It really came out pretty and made for a nice 'base' edging! I think you'll be really happy with the result, and isn't it great to learn a new technique!:manyheart

I'm sure that it's easier than it looks, but sometimes the instructions look so complicated! I have to make 2 purses for a friend, and then I'm going to try a blanket with this stitch. :)

I was just reading the Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 magazine this morning and they also had the "chainless" sc foundation instructions with clear drawings. I will have to try it some time. I bookmarked the links; thank you, ladies! :)

Archived