Free Yarn AND Free Shipping!

Now that I have your attention....

I just wanted to let everyone of you know what this site means to me. I work in a very busy attendance office in a rural high school with a very strained reserve in the community. When I go home, I have two school-aged kids and a husband who are fantastic but still sometimes a headache. On the weekends we deliver them to their less than friendly biomom (that's as nice as I can be). I feel like I am constantly at the end of my rope, but then I come here. This is the ONLY site that I visit daily (aside from Annie, of course) and one of the few places that I can take a very long, well-deserved breath!You all are an inspiration, a distraction, a revelation and a wonderful reprieve.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:hug

Monica

:lol :lol Well, certainly got my attention! :lol :lol And I'm glad you did. I have to agree with you.

I am a stay at home mom, with my youngest being 6. There is only so much housework I can do, only so many talk shows or soaps I can watch. I only found C'Ville a few months ago but this is the only website I can honestly say I visit on a daily basis (of course, besides Annie's).

When I started crocheting this gave me a wealth of resources which I would never have been able to find anywhere else.

It gives me a nice break from everything else.

I have met some wonderful people on here already and enjoy the swaps immensely.

It's a nice place for adults to gather to get away from it all.

:cheer:clap:hook:manyheart Hooray for C'ville!! :manyheart:hook:clap:cheer

Hi Monica

Let me get my old dusty cheerleader outfit out of mothballs and join you .

:cheer

I agree with you all. Life is stressful enough . I think most of us can agree with that . This has always been a good place to be and will continue to be a good place .

It has always been a little "vacation" spot away for a few minutes or hours each day .

We all need to band together and see that it stays that way . :manyheart

:ghug Mo... you crack me up! I was all excited about the free yarn. Like I need more yarn. well, uh, we can all always use more yarn but, hey, :think

Anyway... coming here expecting free yarn and getting your smile and some hugs from other c'ville buddies is even better.

ThankS

You are funny!! But hey, it worked...here I am.

I am with you 100%, this is a great place to visit. It is like having coffee with your friends..whenever you want. I love it here!!:clap

:flower How right you are. I love this place. I find much of my inspiration and encouragement at this site. :U That is too bad that I can't find the free yarn though. :rofl

Hey...where's the free yarn and free shipping!!!??:lol;)

I'm here all the time, don't post all the time, but always interested in sales, the CAL's, and new yarns to try. Thanks to this place I've discovered Knitpicks, Annies free pattern a day, upcoming magazines (still have to p/u Interweave Crochet), and countless other leaflets, ideas and inspiration. :yay

Hey, Monica! very sneaky.... playing on our weakness(es) that way :rofl

but, you're right, and I'm glad you said it - the folks who keep this nice place a nice place have my thanks and congratulations :ghug

:lol :lol :lol Pretty clever! But I sure do agree with you. I love looking at all the "show and tell" posts and hearing about what's new in yarns and publications. I've also learned a lot about methods of crochet that I've never tried, free-form, felting, and unusual stitches. And some of the members here have such a great sense of humor. I'm so glad I joined!:hug

:flower How right you are. I love this place. I find much of my inspiration and encouragement at this site. :U That is too bad that I can't find the free yarn though. :rofl

I will jump on that band wagon. .........I love this place:yay

Monica, You're such a sweetie! :hug I too am with you a 100%. I love it here and sure do appreciate all who keep our home a wonderful place to come to. We're one big family. :manyheart:ghug and Bless your heart for starting this thread.

Coralie

What she said :lol

Aw, gee - thanks folks! :blush Yes, Monica, that was a very sneaky thing to do, hook us all in (heh heh) with that free yarn/free shipping tag, it sure had ME :drool as I clicked on the link! I need more yarn like a hole in the head. :lol

You have no idea how needed these sentiments are to hear right now. Thank you all again! :hug

did someone say free yarn and free shipping. where where. your sneaky but we love ya anyways. i agree is a nice place to sit and visit and just be a hooker without anyone saying that you should be doing this or that lol, well i hope we can all find a way to make her give us our free yarn, wow i need that:devil :devil :devil :devil thanks for the smiles sweetie

AND DITTO :lol

AND WHILE I'M AT IT, DITTO ON ALL THE REST THAT HAS BEEN POSTED HERE. I FULLY AGREE 100 PERCENT.

NOW, THE FREE YARN :loco WHERE---WHERE :lol

Aw, gee - thanks folks! :blush Yes, Monica, that was a very sneaky thing to do, hook us all in (heh heh) with that free yarn/free shipping tag, it sure had ME :drool as I clicked on the link! I need more yarn like a hole in the head. :lol

You have no idea how needed these sentiments are to hear right now. Thank you all again! :hug

Great thread...I think you got everyone on the free yarn deal!:haha I totally agree w/ you. I check this forum almost everyday since I joined only several weeks ago. Am I glad to find a forum w/ such a wide range of folk and from all walks of life in one place! It's a godsend to all lonely crocheters out there!!!:clap

Thanks for starting this thread! This forum means a lot to me. I'm too shy to make many friends and none that I do have crochet. I have lurked here for a long time before I joined and still don't post often as I'd like to. I have a very stressful job and I come here to unwind. Don't tell my boss but recently I started sneaking peeks during the day when things get too stressful. It seems I never have enough time to crochet as much as I'd like to, but the members here all inspire me so much. All the beautiful items posted give me new ideas and dreams for projects. I certainly don't need free yarn since I run out and buy yarn for just about every project posted here in the hopes that some day I'll have more time to crochet. Also I really appreciate the many wonderful designers here that share their patterns freely. Thanks! I LOVE Crochetville and am so grateful for the people who give their time to keep the forum open for us!

Debi

Archived