Joann Sensations "Angel Hair"....2 skeins, what to do...?

isisra9

Any suggestions? This is the first "luxury" yarn i have bought myself. I'm usually a Caron, RH, Mainstays kinda gal but man this stuff, i touched it when I was in JoAnn's and I could not stop! I fell totally in love with it, and indulged myself and splurged as it was birthday money I was spending! LOL. However, with all the other supplies I bought that day, I could only afford 2 skeins. I don't want a scarf, considering maybe a shrug. What would you do with 2 skeins of this in beautiful blue?

http://www.joannfabrics.com/catalog.jhtml;$sessionid$NHMXBDIAACN44P4SY5LRJAR50LD3UEPO?CATID=82329&PRODID=89687&source=search

any ideas, suggestions, or ideas for patterns that use a similar yarn, I would greatly appreciate. :-)

TIA

That yarn is really nice. Just beware, it is thicker than you think. I thought it was worsted weight until I started working with it, and realized it was bulkier than that. (BTW, it is terrible to frog, so if you must, be sure to pull the yarn SLOWLY. When you pull too quickly, all the fuzzy fibers wrap around each other and get stuck.)

I don't know if I'd make a shrug out of it, though, because of its fuzziness. It might pill or start to look really worn in "high traffic" areas like the underarms. Maybe a wrap or a shawl? You could try making a lacy Moebius wrap so you don't have to worry about it slipping down your shoulders all the time.

I made an incredibly soft and warm scarf from it... I love it! I actually made it extra long, folded the edges up a bit and sewed the ends together to make pockets. Very warm scarf with warm pockets!!

I made my second scarf ever with it. It is one of the warmest I've made, although it can be a little bit itchy under its fuzziness (but I'm pretty sensitive).

I actually modified an existing pattern, alternative rows of DC and DC - Ch1, simply because there's not very much yarn on those skeins (120 yd.) and I didn't want to buy a third skein.

I agree with using a larger hook, and with the fact that it's hard to frog - being my second project ever, I frogged a lot!

Good luck with whatever you decide :hook

I have made this shawl with Angel Hair - it's warm, but not too bulky in size. You can make it with 2 skeins if you don't put the fringe on. It's one of my designs in the leaflet "Completely Cozy Wraps to Crochet". Sorry I don't have a pic of the Angel Hair one, these two are made with Homespun, but it's the same pattern. Goes fast & easy, too.

Shawl.jpgMelissaShawlfrontviewHomespunNouvea.jpg

those are some great ideas. now adding to my WIM's lol....i need another one like a hole in the head but can't help myself !LOL

Archived