Help! Red Heart Lilac yarn needed!

lunchbox

Question

I bought a skein of this at a yard sale and started making a baby afghan and didn't realize its been discontinued! Ack! This is plain worsted weight RH in Lilac, not terry or fingering.

Does anyone have a skein they'd be willing to sell me? One will probably be enough.

Its such a pretty color, great for gender neutral afghans....poo.

6 answers to this question

I wish I could help you too, but have not seen that color anyplace here for a long time. Hope the same thing doesn't happen to you that did to me . I bought a partially finished afghan last summer at a yard sale made of RH yarn. I thought the colors would be easy to find more of . After searching EVERYPLACE , I found enough of 2 of the colors , but needed the 3rd . I found it on ebay, paid the lady for it and never received my order . She was one of the scammers on there that apparently listed stuff but never planned on sending it , because there were about a dozen others that had bought things from her around the same time and none of us got our stuff . I gave up and donated my stuff for that afghan to goodwill. Thought maybe someone would have the patience to take it all apart and possibly use it to make squares or something . Is the pattern one you could change colors or make stripes of different colors ? That might be an answer .

Is it RH Super Saver? I might have some but I'm not at home right now. I might have some from an afghan I was making, I think I was using Lilac in part of it.

I might can even find some at my Wal Mart here, they might still have some in stock.

I wish I could help you too, but have not seen that color anyplace here for a long time. Hope the same thing doesn't happen to you that did to me . I bought a partially finished afghan last summer at a yard sale made of RH yarn. I thought the colors would be easy to find more of . After searching EVERYPLACE , I found enough of 2 of the colors , but needed the 3rd . I found it on ebay, paid the lady for it and never received my order . She was one of the scammers on there that apparently listed stuff but never planned on sending it , because there were about a dozen others that had bought things from her around the same time and none of us got our stuff . I gave up and donated my stuff for that afghan to goodwill. Thought maybe someone would have the patience to take it all apart and possibly use it to make squares or something . Is the pattern one you could change colors or make stripes of different colors ? That might be an answer .

Man, that sucks. :( I have considered doing stripes at the end. Wouldn't be the end of the world since its an afghan to donate. I just have this habit of buying one skein of yarn I like, and then when I get around to using it, its discontinued! lol

Yes, Chatty it is Super Saver. I've checked WalMart and Hobby Lobby with no luck.

Yes, I have several skeins. How many do you need? Write me a PM and we'll discuss snail mail addresses. Happy to help out. We've all been short on a project at some time. Put your address in the PM so I can get to a post office to figure the cost of postage. Charlene

Archived