KMart Sells Yarn?!

Chrome Kitty

When did KMart start selling yarn again? I don't go there very often, but I had to stop in today. I was almost past the yarn aisle and had to bring my cart to a skidding stop and back up because I was so surprised. They don't have a lot, just Homespun, LB Suede, 8oz Bernat Super Value, Wool Ease T&Q, and Bernat Softee Baby and maybe a few others, but I was sure happy to see it. They haven't sold yarn there since 1980 or so if I'm remembering correctly.

Wouldn't it be nice if every store sold yarn? You could run down to the 24 hour gas station at 3am when you run out of yarn and have to finish a project before morning. You could order it at the McDonald's drive thru (hopefully it would be on the dollar menu). The DMV could have a yarn vending machine so you could get a skein and a hook and hardly notice that you've been waiting for three hours. Ah, life would be good:dreaming

I probably go to Kmart once a week for household stuff, medicine, etc. and it would be nice to be able to go one-stop shopping and get yarn as well. I sure hope all of them do it.

As for everywhere selling yarn, just think if the post office did it. You can stand in line and make your gift and by the time you get to the front desk, you would just throw it in a box and mail it!:lol

Have a great day!

Linda:manyheart

Kmart's by me in MI do not have yarn but I did notice the one by my daughter in PA sold yarn and it caught me by surprise.

It'd be nice if they not only sold the yarn but had an area with couches that we could sit in and crochet while the men wandered the aisles. Those big warehouse stores just wear me out cause the floors are so hard.

another place not to tell my mother about.....

though i love yarn as well, so good thing i dont like k-mart and avoid it at all costs! i'll have to check it out later

"The DMV could have a yarn vending machine so you could get a skein and a hook and hardly notice that you've been waiting for three hours. Ah, life would be good."

OMG ROTFLMAO!!!! What a wonderful world it would be indeed!

"It'd be nice if they not only sold the yarn but had an area with couches that we could sit in and crochet while the men wandered the aisles."

I have been known to grab a seat in the patio furniture section of lowes. I love going with Marcus, but sometimes he just oogles the tools. Then he complains if he has to wat on me petting the yarn so I guess there is balance.

Elizabeth

I actually told them at Lowe's if they sold yarn the ladies would be happy to have their men shop for power tools, and I'd let mine stay a lot longer.

Here in the town in which we live, a local yarn store is conveniently located in the same shopping center as the Home Depot. :cheer

The two Kmarts I used have closed but they hadn't had any craft supplies in years. I have found that the Meijer's store I go to has a wonderful selection of yarn two aisles on both sides full of it and a great variety.

I actually told them at Lowe's if they sold yarn the ladies would be happy to have their men shop for power tools, and I'd let mine stay a lot longer.
Kathy, this is a little off topic but there is a small basket of yarn at "Tuesday Morning" in the plaza.

Lol Linda

The post office selling yarn ..don't know about your post office but the speed of service it terrible around here you would be in line for a hour for yarn... And we have some big post offices...now lol if it were like the stamp machines lol lol what a dream lol

I stopped in at the closest K-mart yesterday. They don't have any yarn:angry The girl said they may get it though, because they never used to sell silk flowers, and now they do. So I'll stop by in another few months to check back.

You know, the PX over here sells yarn but only Red Heart...and then that section that it was in moved to a temporary building while the main building is being redone...however, for a couple of months, there was NO YARN AT ALL. I asked about it and they were like, "We've stopped selling yarn..." Well, either the guy was totally misinformed or there were alot of complaints because this last weekend they restocked the area with yarn...not alot but they had Red Heart and Aunt Lydia's cotton thread...

And over at the Arts and Crafts shop they are stocked to the rafters with all things Lion Brand, which is a big deal because a year ago, no such animal...if you wanted decent yarn you had to either order it online (which I still do) or shop at the German yarn shops (which are plentiful...)

There is a demand for yarn now and thank God...it's seemed quite baren for a while...

I didn't know Kmart had stopped selling yarn, but it's been about a decade since I've been in a Kmart...

Now if Kmart and other stores including department stores would go back to selling fabric like they did when I was growing up...I'd really be a happy camper.

Nope, no yarn at our Kmart. I went today to see. I did end up spending a bunch of money on other stuff though. Probably something to do with our Super K-Mart being located across the street from Michael's and JoAnn's.

Anyway, I would rather to the Local Yarn Store anyway.

Oh I hope this K-Mart is selling it! I live in the middle of nowhere and am forced to drive for at least an hour or order online for my yarn! I know there's a never ending supply online, but I'm so much more comfortable with buying it if I can see it! I'll check mine out tomorrow!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it may be a market sensitive kind of thing. I live on the edge of the boonies and the K-mart that is 5 minutes up the road has no yarn, my mom lives 15 minutes away but her area is known for being "artsy" so that K-mart has craft supplies and yarn. I also think the size of the store has some factor as well.

Archived