YeeHaw Lady .... HELP ***more help please***

Dani

Question

Hi gang, me and friend are working on the yeehaw lady hat and we are both stuck on round 3 basically.

at the end it says to *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc; rep from * 3 times, sl st in next sc to join

does that mean i do that repeat for a total of 4 times or only 3 times total?

It seems right if i do it 4 times cuz then I join back where I started.

Hope all that makes sense?

9 answers to this question

Thanks Chrome, that helped...made it to round 5 with my stitch counts matching. Can't even tell you how much I love patterns that give a stitch count at the end of each row.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep going tonight.

ok, is this a mistake.

in rnd 3 through rnd 6 when you do the repeat *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc* you increase the number of singles in the second part by one single per rnd. In rnd 7 the number of singles in after the 2 sc in next sc are the same as rnd 6 which left me with 4 extra stitches. So i'm think this may be a mistake...in rnd 7 is should *2 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 5 sc.

Does that make since??

There were errors found in the pattern that went to print. Another CVille member ran into a problem with the pattern and brought it up in the thread reviewing the book. Her post is here.

This was posted by another member later in the thread - directions to find the corrections page on the website. Unfortunately, not a properly formatted link for clicking, so you'll need to hand-type the addy in.

go to knithappens.com scroll to the right and down to oops i knit it again, there you will see pattern corrections link, click the word "here"

then scroll down thru the other books to the crochet book and there are the patterns listed with the corrections.

Here's a link for a pdf download of corrections for patterns in the book. I'm assuming there should be corrections for the hat in there too.

Debbie's Errata Download

And if worse comes to worse, you can always visit Dot's site, where the original version of the hat pattern lives.

Hopefully, one of these resources will help you find the corrections you need to finish the hat, plus some will come in handy for other patterns in the book too.

And if worse comes to worse, you can always visit Dot's site, where the original version of the hat pattern lives.

I just wanted to chime in and let anyone who's interested know that the pattern Dot has on her site isn't identical to the one in the book, so you probably can't use them interchangeably.

I made that hat for my daughter and found a couple of errors. I thought I'd posted them somewhere here, but I can't find them now. I'm at work, but when I get home, I'll take a look in the book, because I know that I noted them there.

Thanks everyone, I sent Dot a note and she said that yes rnd 7 should read

"rnd 7 *2 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 5 sc."

She'll take care of sending on to Debbie to add to the corrections.

Thanks Dot and can't wait to show off a pic soon.

hi there, i just got myself the Happy hooker and was struggling with the yeehaw lady hat. I can't seem to get pass the Rnd 2. in Rnd 1 it says I should have 15sc which I could get. Then in Rnd 2 it reads:

Rnd 2: Ch 1 (count as first pointed front sc), sc in each of next 3 sc (3), 2 sc in next sc (1), (sc,ch2,sc) in next sc (1) (front tip of hat), 2 sc in next next sc (1), sc in each of next 4 sc (4), 2 sc in each of next 4 sc (4) (rounded back of hat), sl st in next sc to join - 22sc.

somehow i just managed to get only 14 sticthes (higlighted in red) work into, which makes me left with the extra one sc. does the slip stitch count as 1 sc? do i skip the first sc after ch 1? i saw the errata sheet saying that the skip the first sc was deleted.

the edition i got was: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2

please help...

thanx

Archived