My Mom's Faux Pas

I use email to keep my mom up to date on my goings on and I told her how much I've been crocheting and playing with my pet rats. She doesn't really like my rats because she was raised in a first-floor apartment in the Bronx and they had rats in the walls that were as big as cats. :eek

Anyway, she writes back and says that I should stick with my "knitting"! :thumbdown

I am not a crochet "snob" or anything (since I do knit too!) but I specifically wrote "crochet" in the email and there is a difference that seems quite apparent to me! :hook vs. :knit

:sigh I guess that's just my mom.

She's a funny one but I love her! :heehee:manyheart

My husband calls it knitting just to annoy me. LOL!

But yay pet rats! I've got 4 boys. :D

http://www.ratsrule.com/photos4.html

I have 4 rats... 3 girls and 1 boy (calm down, he's neutered!). :heehee

I'm in love :bheart with Klink!!! I go to GooseMoose ALL the time. Mostly to see the pictures but I have posted in the past!

RATS RULE! :king:cheer

to each his own i know, but ewww! i'm with the lady from the Bronx. I lived in a place once where the rats (as big as cats) kept us up all night long scratching in the walls. I have a relative who was "attacked" by one while she was asleep, and it bit her hands terribly. Had to go get shots and the whole nine yards. it was a terrifying experience for her, and she has scars on her hands to this day. I'll take a puppy anyday. :think

I have 4 rats... 3 girls and 1 boy (calm down, he's neutered!). :heehee

I'm in love :bheart with Klink!!! I go to GooseMoose ALL the time. Mostly to see the pictures but I have posted in the past!

RATS RULE! :king:cheer

Small world! LOL!

(though the forum ain't exactly small now, is it? LOL)

Small world! LOL!

(though the forum ain't exactly small now, is it? LOL)

No... that forum has really grown since I joined.

My favorite thread there is the one with Yizz. I can't get enough of that little girl!! :manyheart

I mean... it's conception to birth to growing up! It's GREAT!!!

http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4003188.0

You guys are so lucky to be able to have rats. I loved having pet rats. My husband is mega allergic to all small furry critters. I make him deal with the dogs and cats. I miss my Rosie rat. Her favorite perch was my shoulder. Her tail became my choker.

Rosemary

I used to have a rat - she was so cute. I'd be sitting watched tv with the rat on my head and my burmese cat on my shoulder - not exactly comfortable. Eldest son took her outside for a walk one day and let her go down the side of the house, which was/is pretty much a jungle - never saw her again. I'm sure that if she came across a neighbourhood cat she would have marched up to it and stood up to sniff its nose, like she did with our cat. But wild rats!!! We were stuck one time between selling one house and buying another and the only place we could rent on a short term basis was a real dump - complete with rats in the ceiling. I kept trapping them in the kitchen. Got up one day to find half a rat in the trap - it's friends had eaten the other half. I was very pregnant at the time and I started having dreams that the baby was in the cot, I went over to it and it's face was chewed off. I was so relieved that we managed to move into new house a few weeks before baby came. He's now 21 and has a beautiful face.

You guys are so lucky to be able to have rats. I loved having pet rats. My husband is mega allergic to all small furry critters. I make him deal with the dogs and cats. I miss my Rosie rat. Her favorite perch was my shoulder. Her tail became my choker.

Rosemary

I've had rats in the past that have perched all night while I chatted on-line and the tail was always an "issue". It would wrap around my neck or whip me in the face or the tip would go up my nose, etc. :haha

I wish my current crew would perch more but the 3 girls are soooooo energetic that they don't have "time" for perching and the boy is too scared he'll fall off to sit back and relax. :scared

I used to have a rat - she was so cute. I'd be sitting watched tv with the rat on my head and my burmese cat on my shoulder - not exactly comfortable. Eldest son took her outside for a walk one day and let her go down the side of the house, which was/is pretty much a jungle - never saw her again. I'm sure that if she came across a neighbourhood cat she would have marched up to it and stood up to sniff its nose, like she did with our cat. But wild rats!!! We were stuck one time between selling one house and buying another and the only place we could rent on a short term basis was a real dump - complete with rats in the ceiling. I kept trapping them in the kitchen. Got up one day to find half a rat in the trap - it's friends had eaten the other half. I was very pregnant at the time and I started having dreams that the baby was in the cot, I went over to it and it's face was chewed off. I was so relieved that we managed to move into new house a few weeks before baby came. He's now 21 and has a beautiful face.

Oh my... what a horrible story. I'm glad everything worked out okay with your son! :whew

I've had rats in the past that have perched all night while I chatted on-line and the tail was always an "issue". It would wrap around my neck or whip me in the face or the tip would go up my nose, etc. :haha

Yeah, there's nothing like rat tail up your nose, or in your mouth! Ptooie!

Back to the original topic. The other day a friend of mine at Awana said, "Oh, you're knitting." :think Perhaps she hasn't learned knitting or crocheting yet. anyway, it caught me by surprise. Life has lots of happy surprises. :yay :yay :yay

Archived