I hate to throw it away.....

I am cleaning out my craft closet and I have a big bag of things that I started out saving to frog....uh, I am NOT going to frog this stuff. There are some things that just turned out WRONG and then there are a few things that are uncomplete. I really hate to throw this stuff away!! What do I do with it??

:blush

If it were me, I would frog it anyway. Find something good on tv, a cup of coffee, a small pair of scissors, a basket to collect all your new yarn in, and get to work. I would love it. :lol

I can relate! I don't like frogging either, but I've been doing it - I find it takes away some of the guilt, lol. I still have a few projects that I hate to frog but my gauge and stitch technique has changed so much I'm going to have to, I think.

Now - a couple of things that were only a couple of ounces of cheapo ugly yarn - I just tossed.

I don't think I have ever tossed yarn. Given some away, yes, but tossed - never! :lol

If you're going to toss anything, toss it in a box and send it to me! :D

I am cleaning out my craft closet and I have a big bag of things that I started out saving to frog....uh, I am NOT going to frog this stuff. There are some things that just turned out WRONG and then there are a few things that are uncomplete. I really hate to throw this stuff away!! What do I do with it??

:blush

I remembered seeing this post. Read the number 1 post. This way you can clean out and help at the same time. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10523

If you don't want to frog it and re-use the yarn, give it away. I know many people on here would love scraps and things that need to be frogged for use with charity items and small squares and such.

Sorry, but I'm not about to frog any of this stuff. I might consider frogging something to re-do it but this stuff is history for me. I do not have a shortage of yarn or yarn scraps so I would be happy to part with this stuff. If someone wants it who would make use of it, nothing would thrill me more! I feel so much better since I packed up a garbage sack full of yarn that I will never use. I'm sending that bag to a friend. I've got my stash down to 6 bins and about 6 cones! LOL:D Now, that it is "manageable" (he, he) ... I feel so much better!

Now that my husband got a raise, I know I can always buy more so I'm not hanging on to it quite so tightly! :cheer

Lisa, you may want to post this in "For sale, trade or free" and post that you'll give this to whoever wants it and is willing to pay postage. I'm sure you'll have takers within the hour! :cheer

Lisa, you may want to post this in "For sale, trade or free" and post that you'll give this to whoever wants it and is willing to pay postage. I'm sure you'll have takers within the hour! :cheer

I am one of those people whom would take it off your hands. Can never have enough stash:manyheart

When my kids were little and I had bits of unusable yarn we cut it up into 2-to-4" bits and put it out for the birds about this time of year. Then later we would take walks in the woods in my backyard and they'd be able to spot the nests better! Maybe an unusual practice for yarn, but that was before I figured out how to do granny squares with bits.

Wow, I like the idea with the birdnests. Must try that sometime. But I hope it doesn't make them more visible for cats too, though. But what a neat idea. :)

I suppose it depends on how hard it is to frog. I donate all my leftovers now to my Aunt to take to the elementary school she works at. The kids use it in art projects (this school is underfunded and has a large group of immigrants, so I try to help the teachers for their art projects).

I have only one item I plan to frog, but only if I can get the yarn to felt (it is a 'knitted' yarn from the 70s).

hey there are charities that will take your yarn I'm sure whether u've frogg it or not I assume they can make sweaters or blankets for kids in need if u really can't stand frogin ittry to find one of those organizations in ur area. There r some really neat ones that put the stuff made in the back of cop cars for kids being resuced for whatever reason. :manyheart

Rhen u don't have to frog and u feel good about it, lol:clap

Lisa,

I could use any yarn you care to send . I crochet preemie hats, blankets, and booties for a preemie unit in a hospital in Georgia where my brother and his wife live . I also make hats for the homeless .A friend of my brother's goes around feeding the homeless and I send him hats to give to anyone who needs them.

I am disabled and on a fixed income so all the things I make are with donated yarn.And I LOVE to frog stuff. Or even untangling it.Partial skiens are welcomed . It doesn't take much to make a preemie hat or booties.

My e-mail address is

Corky264@bellsouth.net

E- mail me and I will send you my address

Thanks.

Corky

Archived