I have a gift certifcate from Knit Picks

Crochet Garden

I'd get something in a different color than what I normally work with (although, of course, it would have to be something I like) and a little more splurgy (more expensive).

But don't listen to me :)..I rarely use yarn and have never ordered from Knitpicks (although I'd like to someday).

What about the sport weight cotton blend? Washable, in a summery bright (I think there are a couple of colors that would work for your daughter). Isn't that in similar in weight to baby yarn? I would imagine you could come up with a nice cotton jumper or something for her!

Or - hit the wools and make yourself a nifty felted mom-bag (basically a diaper bag - but much more hip ;)) - I'd love to see a bag you came up with! :)

I'd buy some of their cheap wool...but that's just me, I've been eyeing it as you can see by my other post for either my 200 Crochet Blocks CAL although I can't decide if wool would be very nice for a afghan...or a felted project since I haven't tried one yet. Hmmm??? :blush

I just made my first order with them last night!! :cheer I am really excited about it, since I've never used their yarn before. Most of the stuff I ordered was cotton, seeing that I live in Florida now and don't have much need for 'warmer' yarns, although I did get some of the baby alpaca laceweight for a fancy wrap that I will eventually make, lol!

They have a good selection of books as well if you were looking for some new ideas. Although you certainly don't seem to lack for inspiration. :)

The Shine sportweight cotton blend is really nice to work with. It's a bit like a baby yarn, but with a gorgeous sheen to it -- I made a Debblie Bliss baby dress out of it for a holiday gift, and not-so-great pics of it in progress are here:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/cay425/Crocheting%20Projects/2005-11-22007.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/cay425/Crocheting%20Projects/2005-11-22008.jpg

I'm a knitpicks junkie simply because I can't get any good yarns locally... I've been very satisfied with everything I've ordered from them so far. Keep looking! They have tons of choices that could easily be used for baby items... just without the tag of being "baby" yarns, I guess. :)

lots of great suggestions here... i am thinking maybe it is a psychological thing.. I keep thinking of how much cheaper yarn I could be getting! LOL

I guess because I have never bought "luxury" yarn per se that it is sort of the unkown... spending this on something I can't feel or see with my own eyes beforehand all the while thinking how much I could be getting cheaper for the whopper afghans I need to work on this summer!

Archived