Great sale on craft books

papersmiles

I finally made it to Hobby Lobby this last weekend and stumbled across a "ton" of crochet/knit/quilt books on sale....2/3 off. I was surely surprised as some of these weren't even a year old yet. Wondering what was going on I asked if this was an overstock or something. The reply was that Hobby Lobby signed some kind of deal with Leisure Arts to carry only their books and everything else had to go. Don't know if that is for all crafts or just yarn and sewing crafts.

Anyone else hear about this?

We just got a HL a couple of months ago so no clearance yet, however there are hardly any crochet or knit pattern booklets at all. There are some but not alot. I did notice this weekend that they finally got a magazine rack up and are finally stocking some mags. They were all Scrapbooking, Bead and Knit with the one lonely Crochet! Magazine!

I was there the other day and noticed they had a ton of new leaflets. The newer store I frequent has really had a pathetic amount of books up until now. There were a few new Annie's Attic things not on clearance, but there were a number of books and some leaflets that were. The books were marked with a clearance sticker, but I saw on the cash register that all yellow tag items were an additional percent off.

They had some in the regular section with the crochet books but there were some back in a clearance section too. Seems there were all kinds of crafty books on clearance. I got one on sweatshirt jackets, but I saw things for needlepoint, knitting, crochet, and a few general crafts too. I didn't look at the other sections of the store, so there may be more.

Really a shame if they are phasing out Annie Attic stuff because those are the ones I usually buy, and of course get them on the store's great sales.

There are no Hobby Lobby stores by me but it kind of disturbs me to hear that a store will only carry one brand of leaflets and books, if it is really true what was said. I like to see what other companies have to offer, since I like variety in my patterns and books. I hope this trend doesn't continue with other stores, but that is just my little humble opinion.

There are AC Moore, Michaels and Joanns in my area. I have noticed that they are finally getting more crochet books in, knitting books definitely outnumber crochet books. As for magazines, there is a ratio at times of knitting magazines over crochet at about 10 to 1.

LI Roe

Archived