What happened to the handles???

I went into Walmart to buy some 5 1/2 inch bamboo handles from my friendly neighborhood walmart...and they don't carry them anymore. Now I ask you, what is the world coming to???

Ok, a little melodramatic, but does anyone have any other ideas on how to make rings to use for handles for cute summer purses?????? Everything I think of using would sag with the weight in the purse.

Jackie (jaclim) from our board sells purse handles. This is her blog site:

http://crochetthreadsandmore.blogspot.com/ I'm not sure if that link will go directly to the purse handles, but they are listed on February 22nd date. I just got some and they are really nice at great prices too. She ships from the Philippines so it takes a little time to get them, but it is really worth the wait. And I didn't think the shipping was too bad either. (I got some of her thread too--beautiful!) The handles are like $1.60 or $1.95 each. (She didn't pay me to say this either!! :lol I just happened to order from her and they came in this week so I'm still in my enthusiastic-endorsement state! )

Hope this helps! :hook

Jackie (jaclim) from our board sells purse handles. This is her blog site:

http://crochetthreadsandmore.blogspot.com/ I'm not sure if that link will go directly to the purse handles, but they are listed on February 22nd date. I just got some and they are really nice at great prices too. She ships from the Philippines so it takes a little time to get them, but it is really worth the wait. And I didn't think the shipping was too bad either. (I got some of her thread too--beautiful!) The handles are like $1.60 or $1.95 each. (She didn't pay me to say this either!! :lol I just happened to order from her and they came in this week so I'm still in my enthusiastic-endorsement state! )

Hope this helps! :hook

Thanks...I never knew!

I went into Walmart to buy some 5 1/2 inch bamboo handles from my friendly neighborhood walmart...and they don't carry them anymore. Now I ask you, what is the world coming to???

Ok, a little melodramatic, but does anyone have any other ideas on how to make rings to use for handles for cute summer purses?????? Everything I think of using would sag with the weight in the purse.

Ebay, of course! :lol

My Wal-Mart still has a limited amount of handles, so as mentioned, you might find them at another store. Any store that sells fabric will probably carry them as well. I know Hancock Fabric sells them, but I don't know if you have those in Canada either.

I've never tried these, but I have heard of people using those metal craft rings and crocheting around them to make handles. I know I've seen those at Wal-Mart if you can't find anything else.

I made purse handles from the outside rings of two margarine container (the large ones) and did sc around them to cover they turned out really nice. My friend wanted to know how I did that and was surprised but delighted with them for her purse. Its a really cheap way to get handles.

I made purse handles from the outside rings of two margarine container (the large ones) and did sc around them to cover they turned out really nice. My friend wanted to know how I did that and was surprised but delighted with them for her purse. Its a really cheap way to get handles.

Thanks.I might try that...or some harder plastic for heavier purses.

Unfortunately we don't have Hancocks here, or Joannes...can't even order online cos they don't ship to Canada...go figure.

I phoned Walmarts as far as 300 miles away and they all say they are not ordering anymore.

I will check out Michaels this week tho. I did see some cute ones there months ago that were just wire that you could string beads on...so I went to the bead aisle....and none of the beads had large enough holes :thair

Archived