In the same stitch?

catwoman

Question

Hi.My name is jennifer.I am just a beginner at crocheting.I'am stuck on a pattern that says 2 dc in same stitch what does that mean by same stitch:think and how to you make something like dc 2 or 3 in the same stitch and what is the same stitch?.I would like it if anyone could help me out.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

2 or 3 dc in the same stitch means that you make 1 dc in the stitch, then you do a second one in the same stitch.

The same stitch means that after you make you double crochet (dc) in a stitch you go back to that stitch and make another dc or 2. So when you look, you will have more than 1 dc in the same spot.

I hope I haven't confuse you any more than you are.:hook

do you know how to make a double crochet? you'll yarn over your hook....insert the hook under the top 2( usually looks like a "v" or a single link of a chain" yarn over, pull the hook back, and work the loops off: Thats one , now make the second one in the same place as you did the first one ie: the same stitch. There *will" be enough room to make more than one stitch in the space you made the first one .There's a picture of a double crochet v stitch being made. Thats 2 double crochets w/achain between them, made in one stitch. It's shown near "step 2" of the directions for a baby blanket at the link : .http://crochet.about.com/library/bl_doll_blanket.htm

Archived