Knit/Crochet Notions & a question

My mom asked me to make something for my step-grandmother-to-be, but didn't say what "something" should be. I haven't yet met her and I don't know anything about her except that she knits, so I made her a knitting notions set with a scissors fob, stitch holder, stitch markers, and a pin cushion.

The stitch markers and scissors fob are made with Swarovski crystals, Bali silver, lampwork beads, and garden-theme charms. The pin cushion is just plain old felt, embroidery floss, and felted roses. (The rustic-ish blanket stitch is intentional, btw. ;) )

I feel like it would be nice to add something else to the set, but I'm stumped for ideas. Knitting needle end guards? Maybe stretchy beaded knitting needle holder-things to keep same-sized needles together? I know that she does not crochet - maybe a little crocheted drawstring bag to tuck this stuff in? Any suggestions? :scrachin

Thanks!

116976138_27f8cd4624_m.jpg

Those are very beautiful ! I am sure that she will love them.

While I think just those things would be a wonderful gift to anyone, if you did want to make her something else, a nice little bag would be a great addition to the set.

Any sort of point projectors, or needles cases could be a bit difficut if you don't know more about her knitting. Any given set of point protectors will only work for certian sized needles, so if you don't know what size range she likes to work in, while the protectors might be beautiful, she might not be able to use them. Same thing with a needle case, does she use strait needles or circulars ? I only mention this becuae I also knit, and I knit with small ciruclar needles, and I have a hard time finding cases and point protectors since most are made for bigger (or strait) needles.

Oh wow! LOVE the set!!

How about a holder for the scissors that matches the pin cushion? And a small bag to hold everything would be great too! I am sure she will love the thoughtfulness that you put into this gift to welcome her to the family.

Donna

A small tape measure or a little gold ruler (if you could find one) would be a nice addition to the set.

The stitch markers are gorgeous! It's a real pretty set.

I totally agree with this!

And I love the pin cushion! :manyheart

Archived