Another reason to check exact brands/prices between stores

donnalynn2

So I am finishing up the project I'll be teaching for the Advanced Beginners Crochet Classes in April and needed some more TLC Amore yarn. I got the rest at Hobby Lobby which was $4.79 a skein. I did, however, need to run into Michaels as I was looking for another kind of yarn for another project and couldn't find it anywhere else. For the heck of it, I checked out their prices on Amore and it was $5.99! I mean, I can understand if they were a few cents different but over a dollar for the exact same yarn and size skein? I was shocked!

I am really going to start looking at Hobby Lobbys prices more carefully now. It's amazing the difference in price.

Heck, in many cases HL is even cheaper than Wal-Mart.

I know many people live aways away from the nearest HL but after noticing this difference, it may well be worth it to drive to get supplies.

Just thought I'd pass it along!

When we travel across the US we come across many Hobby Lobbies in many cities. There is usually a Michaels nearby. I've found that Hobby Lobby is almost always a little more expensive than Michaels, depending upon which items may be on sale in either store. :think For me, it's worth paying a little more because the selection at Hobby Lobby is so much better! Alas, Hobby Lobby is just now moving east of the Mississippi so it will be a while before we have them in every town in my neck of the woods.:)

Alas, there is no Hobby Lobby near me so I don't know their prices. It always pays to check the price, however. For example, Baby Clouds is 4.12 at JoAnns, but is 3.29 at Michaels. But, JoAnns has Microspun for 2.49, whereas Michaels has it for 3.29.

Yea, I have found that Hooby Lobby prices are cheaper then Michael's on yarn.. I went in on Tuesday they had clearance bins with different yarn. some lion brand homespun and suede, some bernat and fancy yarn 50 to 75% off. I pick up all the Bernat Lana Black. Was 5.21 now at 2.00.

honestly i dont understand your need to keep starting threads to talk about how bad your michaels is ..

Actually my intention wasn't to bad talk Michaels but to alert those who may not have noticed that HL (at least here in Ocala) is not just a little cheaper but a lot cheaper. Until now I noticed they were cheaper but I didn't actually compare prices exactly. When I saw that the difference was over $1 I was shocked. Many other people may be passing by great deals without realizing it. Heck, our HL is actually cheaper than Wallyworld most of the time. Maybe I should have re-worded the title of the post but I had just come from there and was fresh from the throngs of hell there so was a little biased...

So that it doesn't look like I'm trying to bad mouth Michaels I'm changing the title right now...

• 3 weeks later...

Thats why I always look for the sales!! lol

Hobby lobby is next door to dollar tree, across the street form Wollyworld, and 3 mins away from Michaels. I consider myself lucky!!

The problem is, I don't think HL, Micheals, or Wollworld carry enough....is it just me? lol

Great tip!

Archived