200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

I really want to do a blanket, but in one week I'll go to Europe to see my mom for 1 month and I won't be able to crochet a lot, so for now I'm just exchanging :)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi LeaAnne!

Just be sure you find a 40% off coupon to use when you buy it! Thanks for joining! I need to get down there and buy more yarn. I need more colors. I always need more colors. And yarn. And more yarn! :D

no kidding!!!! I just discovered that I need a couple of more colors... there's always a couple of more colors, right?! :rofl

I will be getting my book tomorrow, after I get done with my Monday crochet class. While I'm there I may as well spend my income, right :)

Hi guys! Just want you to know I'm still here, and still looking forward to the CAL. But my son has had a bit of a relapse (he developed a terrible intestinal "bug" last Sunday -- looked like he was slowly getting better, but now he seems to be slipping back into a state of misery, poor guy.) It's not like he's a little boy, he'll be 20 in a couple months, but I still spend an awful lot of time fixing cool cloths for his head, getting Gatorade, making broth and dry toast, and simply sitting with him. Been reading aloud as he curls up on the sofa with a "barf bowl" nearby. At any rate, my computer time is limited for a while, til he gets a bit better.

Lene'

I really want to do a blanket, but in one week I'll go to Europe to see my mom for 1 month and I won't be able to crochet a lot, so for now I'm just exchanging :)

How exciting! Where will you be going? :plane

Lene - I hope your son is feeling better soon! It's no fun being sick. It's nice that you're there to nurse him back to health. :)

Amanda - thanks for making a button! It looks great! :tup

April, I just wanted to say, what a pretty color your square is!

Barb, my pal! Thanks for joining us! I like the sound of those colors.

Sue, I think sage green would be a good addition to your colors. Very spring-y!

LeaAnne, aack! I just noticed that you joined the Wannabes, of which I am an alma mater! Whoo hoo! Does ACM give you an employee discount?

Lene', I'm sorry your son feels sick. My oldest daughter is the same age, but she's still my baby!

Amanda, thank you for the button!! :clap OK, now what do I do with it? Can I post it in my sig? I'll have to figure out how to do that....

Amanda - TY for the button it's already on my blog:devil

I might change the squares i'm doing, there not turning out right, i'll work on them tomorrow and if i still don't like them i'll look through the book again, i was doing each sq. a single color, i'll try using all 3 colors in one sq. and see if they look better:hook

hi, Claire,

No employee discount from ACM, I contract there. I teach the Monday morning class for them, and was doing demo's on Saturdays until they decided they didn't need me to do that anymore.

I'll check in later after I get the book.

have a ducky day!

Good Monday morning, everyone!:clap

Sorry no pics yet. I had a wonderful, productive weekend. Hubby and I had lots of alone time which we really needed. And, we built a porch on the front of the house. Well, hubby's been working on it for a while, I just jumped in and helped him with the upright posts and the overhanging part. It's looking really neat.

I decided to add another round on my squares... so I have some that are 3 rounds of pink, gray and bone, some plain pink, some plain bone and some plain gray... all of which have a round of raspberry around the outside. I think I have 15 squares done now. I bought some slim fast shakes so I can drink lunch and crochet at the same time. My short lunches don't leave time for eating and hooking!

April, I love the concept for your ghan and your bobble square is so pretty! Lene, you are such a good mom... Hi all you new folks and hello to everyone else! Ha ha... Sue, I knew you'd be sucked in!

Amanda, thanks for the Button... I just put it on my neglected blog!

Julie... I think I am guilty of being the bad listener in my house sometimes. My hubby has had a lot going on at work lately and he'll get to talking and sometimes I just sort of space out... and he'll ask me a question and all I can say is Huh? :think

I promise to try to take some pics tonight!

Happy Monday to you all!

:bounce :bounce :bounce:hi:bounce :bounce :bounce Hi Julie! I missed you! Lookie who's here... Sue and Lene' and Sissie and Justine and Kathy and maybe Renegade and??? and Twinnish and phew! I'm know I missing people so please forgive me.

Oooo, your afghan's gonna be soooooooooooooo pretty.

Oh well... back to work...

M :hook

--------------

Hey Mare (and everyone else), I broke down and bought the book yesterday. Right now I'm in the looking at it stage. Some of these patterns I have in other books, but most are new, and I really like this little book. Just wish it weren't so expensive, but we're paying for the quality of the printing, so that's all good.

Right now, I want to get back on track with my 63 more squares, and I have no idea what I'd make with this book, but I'll be hanging out and watching everyone else's stuff. Maybe I'll just make one of each square and figure out something from there.

My only gripe about the book is that there aren't 200 different patterns: I counted and there are I think 127 - still a lot, but I wouldn't count 1 pattern in 4 different colorways as being 4 different blocks.

Here's the first square for my "Bouncing Baby Bobble Blanket." Say that three times fast. :) I've decided to do my Project Linus blanket using all the bobble squares from the book. I've actually finished two of the squares but thanks to my crummy camera you can hardly see the detail on the second one (#4 - Bobble Diamond) so why bother posting it? I'm using a "G" hook with Simply Soft and my squares are coming out at 7 1/4". This particular square is # 57 - Arrowhead Bobbles and the color is "Papaya."

arrowhead.jpg

I'm also going to be doing squares in "Jonquil" which is a pretty yellow and good ol' white. I may throw some beige in there too, just for fun. Who says baby blankets have to be pastel?

----------

April, I bet that's going to be a really pretty blanket! BTW, SS Brites Papaya is my hands down favorite yarn! That color is so rich and beautiful, it's like my eyes can't stop looking at it.

--------------

My only gripe about the book is that there aren't 200 different patterns: I counted and there are I think 127 - still a lot, but I wouldn't count 1 pattern in 4 different colorways as being 4 different blocks.

I agree with you there... but I do love this book. One of the things I like about it is that it can be used not just for the patterns but as a great visual reference for color combinations that we wouldn't normally take on.

hee hee... :devil I knew you'd buy it!

I agree with you there... but I do love this book. One of the things I live about it is that it can be used not just for the patterns but as a great visual reference for color combinations that we wouldn't normally take on.

hee hee... :devil I knew you'd buy it!

-----

So, if you knew I'd buy it, does that mean you're willing to pay my credit card bill? :lol

hi, all-

I just got home with my copy of this book (thank goodness for 40% coupons at AC Moore :lol). I need to really browse to see what I want to do first.

April, I like your square, and in Papaya it's really pretty.

At first glance, it looked like a lot of square patterns I already have, but the granny square #51 is done differently than I have seen. I am looking forward to learning some new techniques, and I am with Qmare, the color combos are trez cool! ;)

Until I decide on a piece and which squares to use in it, I will be doing squares for a couple of swaps I am in.... I just got some new colors to try with it, too!

TTYL---

:angel

I've decided on 3 blocks and the color pattern i'm using for each. The first is the Anemone sq. the 2nd is the Wisteria Block and the 3rd is a reg. granny i'll post a pic below of each. Not sure yet how i'll join them:hook

th_squares001.jpg

Ooo, wow... GREAT colors. I love those. :drool :drool :drool

I'm going to have to use those colors! I love those blocks, too.

I need a present ;)

Here's my "Lemon Stripe" block. I think I've done five blocks now but then I'm a terribly slow crocheter. Or perhaps I spend too much time reading C'ville ...

lemonstripe1.jpg

Good morning!

April and Barb, nice blocks! Now that my weekend of work is over maybe now I can get some new yarn and try a block.

Renee, we'll be here whenever you're ready to jump in.

Lea, I just love AC Moore 40% off coupons!

Here's my "Lemon Stripe" block. I think I've done five blocks now but then I'm a terribly slow crocheter. Or perhaps I spend too much time reading C'ville ...

lemonstripe1.jpg

Love it! :manyheart

So, here's a pic of a pile of my blocks!

th_Pegsgrannyblocks.jpg

I'm up to 21 now... and counting.

Please ignore the ghastly loose ends hanging out. I haven't taken the time to weave ends in yet!

:hook

I've done five squares now. My big DOUBT is: will I continue matching just two colors (orange and cream) or will I add more (yellow? green?) ... :think

Barb and April: Very pretty squares! :manyheart

Qmare: you have 21 blocks already!!!! Good for you!!! :clap and they are beautiful!!!

As promised, here are some pics of the purse I have in process that had some post stitches and color changes...

Here is pre-felting:

th_pursepre-felting.jpg

and here is post felting:

th_postfelting.jpg

As you can see, a lot of the definition is gone but the idea is still there.

Hope this helps you with your decisions!

Hugs, Mare

Archived