Sun Pillow for Dad's surgery

momofgmd

sunpillowsmall.jpg

My dad was told at the end of last week that it is time for him to have his heart surgery. I read elsewhere on Crochetville about a person who made a pillow for a heart patient because heart patients need to hold a pillow to their chest when they cough. I thought that was a wonderful idea and made my dad a pillow to have with him when he's recovering from surgery. Right now he is having open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve and a single bypass. He is having a heart catherization today to see if anything else needs to be done.

sunpillowsmall.jpg

My dad was told at the end of last week that it is time for him to have his heart surgery. I read elsewhere on Crochetville about a person who made a pillow for a heart patient because heart patients need to hold a pillow to their chest when they cough. I thought that was a wonderful idea and made my dad a pillow to have with him when he's recovering from surgery. Right now he is having open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve and a single bypass. He is having a heart catherization today to see if anything else needs to be done.

That is such a lovely pillow for your Dad. My daughter is having surgery on March 16th Thursday, she found a lump in her breast and they found out that it is a "Fibroadenoma", it is 5cm, my daughter is 15yrs. old so the Doctor suggests that she has it removed because it serves no purpose and it is just gonna get bigger and probable disfigure her breast. So when I saw your post I thought that was a really neat idea, Your dad will be fine, he'll pull through and with that pillow it'll comfort him a lot.

You did a great job:clap :cheer

Guest Catlizg

What a beautiful pillow for your dad. Hope his surgery goes well - I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Pillows like that are great for anyone going through any kind of upper abdominal or chest surgery. I had a small one I brought with me when I had my gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago. Those first couple of coughs are brutal. The pillow really helps you support those tender muscles.

Thank you, ladies. I just found out that they scheduled my dad's surgery for this Friday morning, the 17th. I'm glad I sent the box priority mail. Ava, I hope your daughter does well with her surgery. :hug It's nice to know, though, that a problem is being taken care of. We've known for 2 years now that my dad would have heart surgery. It's actually somewhat of a relief to know that it's finally being taken care of.

Archived