Made another Scrap Shawl: Green for grandma

cupcake

We have been in drought with level three water restrictions. This means no hosing, no car washing, and they have turned off all the public showers at the beach as well as the fountains. Two weekends ago it rained, and rained, and then rained some more.

I cleaned out the cupboard and started to crochet a scrap shawl out of the stash I found. There wasnt much else I could do as it was so wet and miserable.

We had record tides, flash floods, and then all was lush and green.

Here is my finished shawl;

img70186hn.jpg

We went to the dam on Sunday for a drive. It is now 100% full. It was as low as 25% before Christmas and hasnt been this full for years. :)

hinzebridge6nb.jpg

All is lush, and I was pretending to be a butterfly amongst the gum trees. (What else would a responsible crocheter do???) susanisabutterfly1xy.jpg

img70035yt.jpg

I love my shawl cos it is great with Jeans.

img70047qm.jpg

The rain was great: the dam is full, I cleaned out my stash and I have a new garment to wear,

I used this pattern, which is as it says super simple:

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/files/CP%20Simple%20Shawl.pdf

8 ply yarn, which was a mixture of solids and variegated. I edged it with a ball of Flutter.

I hope you enjoy my story.:manyheart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your shawl turned out lovely and you look like any good responsible crocheter playing in the gum trees. :lol How fun!!! :yay I am glad you put my pattern to such great use. And it was nice to hear it really was super simple. :) Enjoyed your story.:D

:tup Very lovely. And it's BLUE (which I happen to think is this world's most perfect color!) !!!

:cat You did a GREAT job! :manyheart

Beautiful shawl, and nice story, too. :) Everything did look really green and the water was pretty. I printed out the pattern~ Thanks for sharing. :)

Tina

Your shawl looks really nice. I like the colours you have used. :)

The picture where you stand close to the tree make your shawl look like a huge blue triangular butterfly. :lol

Looks like you had a lovely day. :sun

Archived