My 1st Crochet Class was a success!!!!

First of all thanks for everyone's suggestions and encouragement.

Ok, well my first class was tonite and I had 5 of the 8 that signed up show up. The other 3 actually called earlier in the day to reschedule for the next class instead.

I am really glad I only had 5 as that was really more than enough to keep me going. I was running from person to person helping them every step of the way. 2 of the people had crocheted a tiny bit a long time ago but the others had never picked up a hook before. Everyone seemed to get the jist of it except one person. This girl was probably in her teens had a rough time. She was left handed and although I had another lefty who got the hang of it she didn't. She kept wrapping the yarn around the hook differently each time so her chains kept coming out crooked and twisted. Her mom who was also there seemed to get it and will be able to help her at home. They are both planning on coming back for more help during the next class.

Everyone was excited and had a great time. 2 hours flew by! 3 of the women were very interested in taking a more advanced class and are wanting to learn more and more so I'm really excited about this!

If not for all of you I never would have had the confidence to do this so my hats off to all of you!

Now to plan my classes in April. :devil

I give you lots of praise for what you did. I have a hard time teaching my DD with glue and glitter.:lol:devil:lol You have been gifted with patience!!:c9 Good luck with the follow up classes and the next round of newbies:manyheart

Oh Donna, congratulations! I'm so happy you had a great time and that all went well...I wish I could have been there in person...I'll be going home for a month next month and will be having my 2nd Crochet Bee with my family, adding, hopefully, a couple more people to the group...everyone so far is looking forward to it...

Good luck with your next class!

Hey Donna! Congrats on such a successful class! :clap

You have inspired me too! :hook I decided to teach crochet classes at our Michaels. I filled out all their paperwork and was accepted. :yay (They do a background check on you which takes 5-7 days).

Now I go in tomorrow to talk with the coordinator on sheduling some classes for April! I am also really nervous but I am soooo glad to read about your experiances.

I want to teach a class on the ripple stitch. It's my fave. :blush I suppose it would have to be for people who already know the double crochet stitch. Or people who could pick up on it quickly.

Anyway, thanks for posting your experiances! And please keep updating!

I'm glad someone posted a link to this from the older thread! I might have missed it!

OH, that's so wonderful!!!! It must have felt great when it was all over with, knowing it was a success! I love teaching (and learning). I actually felt inspired to inquire at my LYS that has a sign looking for a crochet/knit teacher, but I only do crochet and they want someone that knows both... Good for you!!!:cheer

Archived