I've been Experimenting! OH NO! another Original Doily

Katchkan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful.. I have always loved the vintage looking dolies with the flowers that are done in multi colors. I have a few that have been past down to me from relatives.... I need to get back to doing some thread projects here....Very nice

:cheer:manyheart

Well I must say you have blown me away again with your work. :c9 I like Elizabeth's idea of a name Josephine Rose. How about a series named after famous women Jackie's Rose or Diana's Rose or Martha's Rose (Washington) ohhhhhh the possibilities .......

Kathy this is another spectacular doily. Your talent never ends.

I love the colors. Where do you find all of these beautiful threads? Do you have a special order house you use?

I vote for Briar Rose. I love doing the bouillion stitch, it is so vintage.

June

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments. They are always so encouraging, I really don't have any plans of doing another series at this point. I just had a idea that I wanted to play with and this doily is the results.

I am always playing with some sort of an idea.

I kind of like Joesphine Rose. I think I will go with that name. I think Briar Rose has been done before, Not sure?

Kathy this is another spectacular doily. Your talent never ends.

I love the colors. Where do you find all of these beautiful threads? Do you have a special order house you use?

I vote for Briar Rose. I love doing the bouillion stitch, it is so vintage.

June

The threads I got online at Joanns' The Tea Rose and the Sage Green are one of the Opera thread colors. I was checking out their colors. Wish they carried these colors in size 30, but alas they don't. The Cream Is just DMC Cebelia,

Your doilies just get better and better. I really like this one. I hope you sell the pattern or share it lol... I just love it. :hook

Kathy, I am in awe. I've been looking at your doily and am just struck with it's beauty. You always work up some lovely patterns. Your fingers and hook must just fly like wind.

Every once in a while I have to wander over to the thread side of the aisle to see what you are up to, Kathy. Your doilies are such a delight for the eyes that they inspire me to try one myself. I vote for Briar Rose!:dreaming

Archived