I've been Experimenting! OH NO! another Original Doily

Katchkan

Another Doily?

Well Elizabeth ( threeolives ) you want to take credit for this. I can't seem to stop making doilies now that I have begun. The ideas just keep coming. But I truly love playing with ideas and techniques to see what I can produce, This doily actually has 2 elements that I wanted to play with in it. I was playing with a different rose than the normal Irish rose. The Irish rose is lovely, but have always felt it could be better. Well maybe not better but softer, more natural. This little rose is what I have come up with so far. I also wanted to play with bullion sts. To be honest I had never used that st. Can't say that now.

So what do you think of my experiment ?

I haven't decide yet if I am going to call it Briar Rose or Josephine. Which do you like?

It is done in size 20 thread. I used the opera for the pink and the green. when I got this sage green I knew I just had to do something with it. I used DMC cebelia for the cream. I really like how the colors worked together on this one. I used a size 8/1.5mm boye hook and a size 8/1.4mm Susan Bates. for making my bullion sts. It measures 17 and 1/2 inches across. I must admit I had a lot of fun designing this one.

BriarRoseE.jpg

briarrose.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous, Kathy, just gorgeous. Your 'softer' roses are fabulous, I really like their look. And I LOVE how you used the bullion stitch in this doily too ... I hate that stitch, it drives me totally up a wall, but it's so elegant.

It's another unique creation, Kathy! All of yours deserve to be framed or otherwise protected and maybe you should set up a gallery or something! This one has such a nice combination of colours, too! I'm honoured just to know you!

:clap

Wow, that is amazing, Kathy!! Maybe you could do a collection of "lady's doilies" or something and call them all by a different lady's name ... I like the idea of Josephine.

Gorgeous ... I can't get over all the interesting elements in this one!

I like Briar Rose!

I love the bullion stitches, too! I first learned how to do them using thread, and I'm so happy to see someone using them in thread because well, it's just not for yarn.

I can hardly wait for this pattern to be made available! :D

~ Lori

It's beautiful. Love the combination of stitches. I have not yet tried the bullion stitch, but it is definitely something I would learn in order to make this doily. Quite a unique appearance.

Susan

I anticipate your doilies like a little kid at Christmas.:ctree When is the next one coming and how amazing will it be?:hyper

Could you adopt me as a sister or something?:blush

Absolutely beautiful.:hook

I agree with Mary Jo, you are so extremely talented, I wait to see what's next and I know it'll be amazing :manyheart

If you do decide to make doilies with womens names I'll be waiting to see the one called Maria :lol

I anticipate your doilies like a little kid at Christmas.:ctree When is the next one coming and how amazing will it be?:hyper

Archived