Hi from Cali!

esmy27

I am so excited to have found this forum. :cheer Just what I was looking for. Well, I am fairly new to crocheting. My mom had tried to teach me to crochet about 2 years ago, I learned the basic chain, sc, dc, hdc. I made a half crocheted blanket. I stopped because I had my baby and had no more time. I recently started knitting about 6 months ago and loved it. I thought maybe I should try crochet again. I picked up the Stitch n Bitch crochet barely a month ago. It all came back and I am hooked!:c9 I have made a couple of scarves, two hats and am going to attempt my first complete baby blanket for my cousin who is about to have her first baby. By the way if anyone has any great, easy baby blanket patterns that are fast to crochet (this baby is due in two weeks) I'd be ever so grateful.

To wrap it up - I am a recent stay at home mom for the very first time and am loving it. I have a beautiful 6 daughter Yasmine and a very handsome tornado of my own named Jacob age 1. I have a wonderful husband who fully supports my new hobbies. Once again glad to be here.

Esmy

Welcome! You will love it here!

As for a quick baby blanket, may I suggest a couple of yarns held together and a BIG hook to make things go more quickly! Maybe use shells or something...

I hadn't thought about using 2 yarns together for a blanket. Thanks Paulette. I think I may try that.;)

Welcome, from So Cal! You will love this forum!

Quick baby blankets.... The possibilities are endless! Using a bulky yarn is always good. Or double strands. Or you can cut fleece into strips and crochet with those. It makes a VERY soft, cuddly blanket. Or you could just crochet a yarn edging around a fleece blanket. www.crochetpatterncentral.com is a great place to find free patterns online. Go to the free pattern list and click on 'baby crochet'. Tons of patterns!

Good luck and enjoy!

Alberta

Welcome, from soggy Southern California.

The half-double chain one pattern works well for a baby blanket, if you use two strands and a P hook. It makes a soft and pretty blanket.

Archived