Need pattern testers for a Drawstring Bag(pattern has been tested. Thankyou)

CroJulee

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anybody would be interested in testing the following pattern for me, and telling me what I should do different. This is only my second pattern I've actually written down for other people to use, so help would be very appreciated.

Sorry I don't have a picure. Tried to post it, but it wouldn't work. :shrug

Round Drawstring Bag

By Julee Reeves

Bag Measures 4 ½ inches from top to bottom (including ruffle), and 3 inches wide when flat on a table or hard, smooth surface.

Materials:

Small amount worsted weight yarn ( I used Red Heart Ocean, and Mexicana in my examples)

Size H crochet hook

Tapestry needle for weaving in ends

Some type of marker for marking beginning of rounds.

Gauge- first 3 rounds of bag = 1 ½ inches across

Note- Most rounds are worked continuously, so use some type of marker to mark the beginning of the rounds.

Only join rounds when pattern states to.

Ch 2,

Rnd 1 : Sc in second ch from hook 8 times. (8 sc). Place marker in first sc of this round ,and from now on move marker up to first sc of every round.

Rnd 2: 2 sc in first sc, and in each sc around. (16 sc)

Rnd 3: *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next sc. Repeat from * to end. (24 sc)

Rnd 4-10: sc in each sc around. At end of round 10, sl st in top of first sc.

Rnd 11: Ch 3, working in front of ch 3, dc in stitch to the right of ch 3, * skip next sc, and dc in next sc, Working in front of the last dc, dc in skipped stitch to the right. Cross stitch made. Repeat from * around. Sl st in top of beginning ch 3 . (12 cross stitches made)

Rnd 12-15: Ch 1, sc in same stitch as sl st, and in every stitch around. Work continuously for 4 rounds, making sure to mark first stitch of each new round.. At end of round 15, sl st in top of first sc.

Rnd 16: Ch 1, sc in same stitch as sl st, ch 1, * skip next sc, sc in next sc, ch 1. Repeat from * around. Sl st in top of first sc.

Rnd 17: Ch 3, 2 dc in same st as sl st, * dc in next ch, 3 dc in next sc. Repeat from * around. Sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Finish off ( cut yarn, and weave in all ends)

To make tie:

Ch 54, or until chain measures 12 ½ inches with out stretching.

Weave chain through every space of Round 16, and tie, making sure that the ends of the chain are matched up evenly.

Guest Catlizg

I'm anxious to try it. Have wanted to make a drawstring bag. Could you post a picture for comparison. I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Ok, I'll try once more to get the pictures to work. If they don't work, I can email them to you ladies. My e-mail address is: iloveladyhorse@yahoo.com . If you are still interested I'll email you a picture.

I made up the pattern for the charity blitz project for March.

Oohhh, I hope the picture works!!!

ok, i know the problem with your photo. you've got to have some place on the web to host it. some on here use flikr http://www.flickr.com/. i have not used them and don't have any info on their service.

Ok, I'll try once more to get the pictures to work. If they don't work, I can email them to you ladies. My e-mail address is: iloveladyhorse@yahoo.com . If you are still interested I'll email you a picture.

I made up the pattern for the charity blitz project for March.

Oohhh, I hope the picture works!!!

I am gonna give it a try since its for my charity hehehehe lol

Cool, I hope this is big enough. I have about 12 bags done so far from today and yesterday. I actually did a few different designs. I love different. It makes life more interesting, especially when it comes to crochet.

God Bless!!

Julee

little%20bag.jpg

This is an adorable little bag..what's it gonna be used for? I didn't have a single problem following the directions. The 2 photos are one flat and one tied. I used Red Hart Super Saver. Took about 20 mins to complete...maybe 30.

Absolutly perfect size!!!! I am going up to a J hook because I tight crochet. Also on the I changed where rnd 16 sc ch 1 skip to Ch 3 skip 1 sc Dc ch 1 skip 1 sc around and I like the bigger loops to thread my tie.

These are used in the charity blitz for Mission mexico the Amegios project. Stop by and see all the charities we are helping with this year!!!!

jimmie lu,

what are these for? i hunted around on the blog for the 'ghans and didn't see anything about the pouches

Hi,

Thanks for testing my pattern everyone. I'm glad it worked out ok. Now to find someone to publish such a small pattern.Any ideas. Should I even try to get it published?

Reecie- Here is the link for the charity blitz post on the little pouches: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22268&page=4&pp=10

posts 35, and 37 will be helpful

Swapnae- You did a very nice job in the bag. I got some purple yarn out yesterday for the bag, but I am still working on leftovers of different colors. I love how some colors really bring out the pattern.

Thanks again everybody!!!

Julee

• 2 weeks later...

CroJulee / julee, i worked up a version for a boy...without the ruffle, if you're interested i can PM you the changes i made.

That was a good idea. I guess because I am a girl I don't think about making stuff for guys.

I'd love to see your changes. Thank You Reecie!!

God Bless!!!

• 1 month later...
FYI these are the perfect size for a cell phone!

Tina

Cool. I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the FYI

God Bless!!

Julee Reeves

Archived