More critters off to school!

KristieMN

I thought I share with you what I have been crocheting.

I am donating these to my daughters Accelerated Reader store at her school. The children earn points to spend in the store for reading books.

Last week I sent in 15 of Reece's turtles, they were gone before noon. The school called me and thanked me...and begged for more animals. The kids went nuts.

I found this pattern at

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82784.0

It is super easy.octopus.jpg

octopus1.jpg

Those are just adorable and that coming from someone who never really cared for crocheted critters.. These new little citters everyone seems to be doing are just to cute. I need some extra time here so I can whip some up. Great way to use up some extra yarn.

Sounds like your daughter's school has a wonderful program to help the students do their work and want to learn..very blessed school to have someone like you.

:rose :rose :rose:school:rose :rose :rose

And I want to tell you what a wonderful way to use your crochet talent to share with and to bless others.

Blessings to you

:manyheart:hug

neat :clap I like your color selections:clap

I printed out the instructions :) and took them into my personal crocheting diva (Mary Jo) and requested a few:D

she did ask though "what size hook :think" I said "oh I don't care" :lol

Thank you all for the compliments!

I used Carons Simply Soft Brites for the yarn. I used an F hook... I like the stitches tight to hold in beads.

They are super quick to crochet up too. I can make 2 in just over an hour.

Oh..one thing I did though, I made the legs double long to do 2 at a time. Just folding the long leg in the middle.

My pattern for the legs,

Ch 17

3 sc in second chain from hook.

3 sc in each of the next 5 chains

1 sc in next 4 chains

3 sc in last 6 chains.

fasten off.

I threaded the long tail halfway through, folded the legs over, and tacked it onto the bottom, thus sewing once for 2 legs!

I tried one of these last night and my Grand Daughter just loved it. I didnt have any eyes but I did have some buttons that looked liked sunglasses left from an old sewing project so she got what she calls a "COOL Olly Octupus":cheer :clap Thanks for pattern you made her day.:manyheart

Archived