The Yarn Sellar, Rockford, IL

TracyD

Hi...

I just wanted to say that this little shop is close to me and I'm becoming a JUNKIE! They have lots of wonderful yarns and good old-fashioned standbys, too. They have classes in knitting and a few in crochet (privates available!!!). But what I like best is that they have a table in back and a sofa and chairs in front, coffee, and lots of knitters (and a few crocheters) who come in regularly to just sit, knit and chat. I've become one of the regulars.

They got me interested in knitting, too, so I've been groping along with that technique and I'm just about to finish my first pair of socks! I haven't forsaken my crochet, though - I'm working on a round felted bag upon which I'm going to sew a couple of stunning Patricia Kristoffersen doilies which I worked up in metalic thread. Got a couple other crochet projects going, too, as well as a couple of knitting. The idea of the felted bag came from one of the regulars. :clap

I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!

http://www.theyarnsellar.com

:manyheart

Cheers...

Tracy

• 1 month later...

Do either of you ever shop at Aunt Mary's in Rochelle, IL? It's the former Caron yarn mill outlet store. Lots of bargains on Caron, Lion Brand, some Plymouth, Patons, but lots of mill ends of acrylics. I drive thru there on my way to visit my mom in western IL and usually stop for something or other.

Carol, I've never been to that shop, but I live several hours from Rochelle...and Rockford. Sounds like a neat place, I'm going to have to start keeping a list of the places so I can try to go to them when I am nearby.:)

Etaria, Not sure how far it would be from Crystal Lake. I'm in Oak Park, and it's 75 miles from here, just off Interstate 88, west of DeKalb, and just west of Int. 39. If you're in the area, it's well worth a stop. And if you live close, it's well worth a trip. (Not a lot of high-end yarns, though; it's not your typical LYS.)

Archived