Knot Ugly Shrug

MamaLeigh

I jut finished a new shrug for my daughter. She refuses to wear it, so it will probably go to my niece instead (if she will have it)! There is a photo on my blog. I sized it down from an adult-sized pattern. It worked pretty well, but I think I increased too many times in the front - made it a little bigger around the bottom than I wanted.

UPDATE: She likes the shrug, after all!

Oh it's adorable!!!:manyheart What a shame she's not into ruffles:( I'll bet she would look like a little doll in it.

( I'm from VA, too:))

Well, kids are funny creatures... my son requested an ear-flap ski hat, picked the pattern from about ten that I put in front of him, chose the colors... I made it exactly to specs and.... he doens't like it. To add insult to injury, he gave it to his stepmom who did like it! Whatever. I am now making another 'made to order' cap for him, and told him I would personally frog it and strangle him with the yarn if he gives it away!

If she does not like the ruffles, I'd just take them off and do a different finish.

I think it's wonderful that she knows what she wants:)

And your shrug is lovely by the way. You did a nice jobe.

Very cute shrug. And 5 year olds can be very finicky. She may like ruffles next week. :( I personally love the ruffle. Very girly.

Thank you to everyone for your kind remarks. My daughter saw the shrug over the T-shirt and decided that she did like it after all. She was in a strange mood the first time around!

That is totally cute, she's missing out. She'll probably change her mind when she sees it on her cousin. ;)

:lol :lol :lol :lol So True!

You did a great job!

Archived