If You like Irish Crochet? My one of a kind Doily ( Framed Picture added )

Katchkan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for showing the different photos. You've done a tremendous job. It is the kind of work which inspired me to start crocheting in the first place. It is most exquisite!

Thank you everyone you are making me blush, :blush

From Gran: Thank you so much for showing the different photos. You've done a tremendous job. It is the kind of work which inspired me to start crocheting in the first place. It is most exquisite!
I thought I would be interesting to show the process. Since it isn't as common as it once was. some people sew it to fabric and if I was to ever do a large dress or blouse I think I would choose that option. But for the smaller pieces the paper works well.

Wow... thanks for posting this!

I just invested in several vintage books on the subject and am trying to finish up a couple of projects while I work up the nerve to try it. Your work is an inspiration!

Quick question - when working with the teeny threads, do you use any kind of magnifying device? I've tried +4.00 magnifying glasses but find them too restrictive (I have to have my face right up to the work - yikes!). What do you use, if anything?

Regards,

Tracy

Oh WOW Kathy!!!! That is amazing!!! The frame is just perfect for it!!!! You, once again, created an awe inspiring work of art! It is absoutely stunning!

Wow... thanks for posting this!

I just invested in several vintage books on the subject and am trying to finish up a couple of projects while I work up the nerve to try it. Your work is an inspiration!

Quick question - when working with the teeny threads, do you use any kind of magnifying device? I've tried +4.00 magnifying glasses but find them too restrictive (I have to have my face right up to the work - yikes!). What do you use, if anything?

Regards,

Tracy

Well I too find the magnifiers to restrictive. When I really need to focus I also hold my work right up to my face, Yikes ! But whatever works. For the most part I hold it normal.Just when I really need to see where I am putting that st.

My best advice is just take it one step at a time and I of course will answer questions if you get stuck on something. I love this art and would love to see it grow.

truly a piece of art, a masterpiece you created. i would also document the creation and finishing of this awesome fantastic piece of art.:nworthy :nworthy :nworthy:queen :queen :queen kathy i bow to you:lol :lol :lol

Kathy, you are a true artist. I always enjoy seeing your work because it is always so beautiful but this one really is amazing, even for you!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!! :eek:faint*picks jaw up off of keyboard* :c9

Kathy, your work is truly stunning! :nworthy You never cease to amaze me with each additional display of your formidable talents. All I can do is sit here in breathless wonder! :manyheart I don't think I've ever seen anything lovelier than this! Wow, and again I say, WOW!

I think I need to go browse the Thread S&T and see what else I've missed!

Archived