Linus Project Local Group

Schoneys

I was just so excited that I wanted to share this with everyone.

I recently found a local Linus Project Group and we have a meeting on the 29th and I am so excited about attending.

I have had a hard time finding local charities, due to the fact I live in a very rural place.

I am so glad that I will be able to help all those little ones with a nice warm blanket of their own.

What part of Texas are you in? (dont tell me enough to make you unsafe.. just general area is good enough). I ask because I'm in a rural part of Texas too... Deep East Texas aka the Pineywoods.

• 1 month later...

Good luck, Melly! I am a blanketeer for my local Project Linus, and one of those nerds that actually goes to the volunteers meetings. :lol Once word gets out, you'll be swamped with blankets! Hopefully you'll also get some volunteers to help pick up donations as drop-off points, deliver, help you check for pins, add tags, etc. It's a huge undertaking, and my hat's off to you for taking it on! Patty

I belong to a Linus group in central PA. They are such a great group of women. Unfortunately we only meet three times a year. We bring blankets to the meetings rather than work on them there. Enjoy! Charlene

My sister is a chapter coordinator for PL in Guilford County, NC. I live in Austin, but I'm one of her blanketeers, so I mail my stuff off. I haven't been able to attend any of their events, but I help out financially where I can, and of course, I get all the scoop from the newsletter she puts out.

I know there's a PL in Austin, and at some point, I may join that chapter too, and divide my work between the two. Right now, my time's taken up with a literary nonprofit (I'm chair of their board), but I'm going to scale back my involvement after this year.

None of my friends crochet, so I don't have anyone locally that I can share my craft with (although my friends are more than happy to receive the fruits of my labor!) :lol

I also donate blankets to Project Linus...the Middle Tennessee Chapter. I think mostly they get together to make quilts. The first time I donated I went to a meeting with several crocheted blankies. They were all quilting.

Since then they have given me the yarn that gets donated to them and I turn their yarn into more blankies for them.

Archived