Mushroom would like to introduce himself

Mushroom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Mushroom! I'm curious to see what that tostada looked like, as well. :hook

Enjoy your time with your grandchild. Did you move to Korea or are you just visiting?

Welcome, Mushroom! I'm curious to see what that tostada looked like, as well. :hook

Enjoy your time with your grandchild. Did you move to Korea or are you just visiting?

I will post a photo of the tostada when I return to Washington. I will also post the Shaman's Coytote mask, and the bathing suits and an open faced enchilada with an egg on top.

I am just visiing Korea for three weeeks to participate in my fist grandson's birth. It was so incredible to help in the birthing process and to witness his birth. I was the first to hold him, even before his parents. I feel so honored. That is a memory I will cherish.:c9

Mushroom,

:think Have you finished the baby blanket?

One suggestion is to buy 2 8mm hooks and tape them together. It may work or it may drive you crazy.

:cheer Congratulations on the Grandson. They are precious wee things arent they? What is his name?

:rose I gave birth to 4 babies and then got to 6 grandchildren without being able to actually see the birth happen, then my son and his wife found out they were expecting their third child. They invited me to be present at the birth, even though they knew it was going to be a C-section as the first two had been.

It was the most frightening thing, watching them try to pull out this slippery little thing and not being able to get a good grip on her. I can tell you, it is as well that I already had grey hair or it would have been by the end of that few minutes.

Then they had to check her out thoroughly because it had taken so long to get her out, so we actually had a traumatic 24 hours.

Charlotte is now 2 1/2 and the cutest, sweetest little girl who is so laid back and relaxed despite her dramatic birth.

I would not have missed it for all the money in the world. I feel like they gave me a very special gift, not just my 5th grandaughter and 7th grandchild.

:c9 You will cherish this forever no matter how many more come along.:hug

All the best for a safe journey home.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Mushroom,

:think Have you finished the baby blanket?

One suggestion is to buy 2 8mm hooks and tape them together. It may work or it may drive you crazy.

:cheer Congratulations on the Grandson. They are precious wee things arent they? What is his name?

:rose I gave birth to 4 babies and then got to 6 grandchildren without being able to actually see the birth happen, then my son and his wife found out they were expecting their third child. They invited me to be present at the birth, even though they knew it was going to be a C-section as the first two had been.

It was the most frightening thing, watching them try to pull out this slippery little thing and not being able to get a good grip on her. I can tell you, it is as well that I already had grey hair or it would have been by the end of that few minutes.

Then they had to check her out thoroughly because it had taken so long to get her out, so we actually had a traumatic 24 hours.

Charlotte is now 2 1/2 and the cutest, sweetest little girl who is so laid back and relaxed despite her dramatic birth.

I would not have missed it for all the money in the world. I feel like they gave me a very special gift, not just my 5th grandaughter and 7th grandchild.

:c9 You will cherish this forever no matter how many more come along.:hug

All the best for a safe journey home.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Thanks for the hug, Colleen.

I haven't finished the blanket yet. I tried taping a pen and the #8 hook that I have. Not luck. Then I tried to make big loops with the #8 hook. It was too inconsistant. I ended up doing a few more rows with a more normal looking loop. It is better looking but tighter. I told my daughter that this is where the sky stops and the ocean starts :think . The baby blanket is called "moon beams" because I started with a moon, then I made the sky and two moon beams.

Hopefully the letter carrier will bring me the 15 3/4 mm hook tomorrow. If it does not arrive, I will continue with the #8 hook and just accept that the bottom of the blanket will be a much tighter weave than the "sky". I have to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, this is a very small matter because I am making this blanket with love in every stitch. And there just isn't a more perfect blanket than I can make than one with love in every stitch.:manyheart

My grandson's name is Edan Isu Yoon. I call him, Tiger. Tiger Yoon has a nice ring to it. Well, it's a grandfather's perogative to nickname his grandson, don't ya think?

Thank you for such a wonderful reception. I feel so welcomed :hug by all of the welcome notes and birthday wishes.

I created a blog to show what I have created. Since I am in Korea, I am only showing three items, including my grandson's "Moon Beams" blanket. I put a heart on the moon as a last finishing touch.

My daughter's dog, kept trying to lay on it. He managed to fall asleep on it while we were busy eating dinner. I suspect that he feels the love :manyheart that was put into making that blanket.

I purposely left the white border off of one side so that as Edan grows, I can expand the blanket. I have the moon and the sky. I will add mountains next.

This will be a labor of love and a work in progress.

Gratefully yours for your warm welcome

http://creative-mushroom.blogspot.com/

Mushroom

I posted my Tostada and my open faced enchilada on my blog. There are 140 individual beans in the tostada. That was my very first crochet project. And I surprised myself. :flower

When I was crocheting the tortilla portion of the tostada, I took my spouse to the doctors. I was crocheting in the waiting room. A little old lady came, sat next to me and opened up her knitting bag and went to work on her project. She turned her head and asked me what I was knitting. I told her that I wasn't knitting, I was crocheting a tostada. She gave me a puzzled look :think and asked me what a tostada is. I told her that it is like a taco, except that it is flat, not folded and that it usually has no meat, just beans and vegetables. She immediately put her knitting project back into her bag. She moved across the waiting room :eek and started knitting as she kept looking at me over the top of her reading glasses.

greetings fellow Washingtonian male! I'm Jimbo from the other side of the state. Don't crochet, but i make hooks. Can you post some pictures of your work? I'd really like to see that tostada!

Mushroom, I visited both your blogs to see your tostada. What a project! It turned out very well. Congratulations on being chosen for the museum of art exhibit. I also enjoyed the photos of the birth of your grandson. It seems that a baby was never more welcomed into a family than yours. But most of all, I love your motto. You make the world a better place by simply being in it.:hug

I'm new here too. I just had to comment though on your unusual crochet projects! I'm impressed and wondered how you got started in crochet and especially --- what would you say --- art crochet?

I got started in crochet in 1975 because I was in an art class in which the instructor wanted us to design projects with fabric. I asked my mother-in-law to teach me how to crochet. She showed me one stitch. I began to experiment. And what I created, I liked . I have given away some of my favorite projects that I wish I had taken photos of. I am sure that many of you have done the same. I make sure that I take photos of my projects before I give them away.

:sunGREETINGS FROM NEVADA:sun

Look forward to seeing some of your creations in "Show & Tell." I also enjoyed your introduction.

:photo

Welcome Mushroom, I'm new in this forum too. It sounds interesting that a man do crochet, I would like to have a grandpa like you. Congrats for your grandchild. :party:cheer:welcome Greetings from Panama City, Panama.

Monica

Mushroom- thanks so much for posting your pictures! I love them. :hook An open "enchilada" with an egg on top is called "huevos rancheros." (My husband is Mexican- we have them for breakfast a lot. LoL) Very creative! Where in the world did you get such a neat idea?

Your grandson is absolutely adorable. I'm happy for you that you were there to witness the birth. :clap

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome Mushroom, I'm new in this forum too. It sounds interesting that a man do crochet, I would like to have a grandpa like you. Congrats for your grandchild. :party:cheer:welcome Greetings from Panama City, Panama.

Monica

Hola Monica,

Becoming an abuelito, a grandpa, a halabaji, is so wonderful. We all have our gifts and talents that we can share with the world. I am an architect who enjoys creating art with yarn. Are you from Panama? If not, why are you there? I was there in 1972 on my way to fight in Viet Nam. I wish that I could have stayed in Panama. Who taught you to crochet? Do you create items without using a pattern?

Abuelito Mushroom

Archived