Mushroom would like to introduce himself

Mushroom

Greetings from Deajeon, South Korea.

My first crochet project was a tostada with 120 individual beans. :think (A tostada is a Mexican dish similar to an open taco, but usually without meat.) I entered that piece in a juried art show. It was accepted and was put on display at the Los Angeles Art Museum for a month and the California governor's office for a month. :fame That occurred in 1974. My last pieces were a shaman's mask of a spirit coyote and a pair of bikinis for a 4 year old and a 6 year old. The theme for the bikinis was breakfast. The tops were sunny side up eggs and the bottoms were hash browns and bacon.

I am currently crocheting a baby blanket for my fist grandson. :manyheart This is the 1st "normal" thing I have ever crocheted. I expected to finish it on the 12 hour flight from Seattle to Seoul. But somewhere along the way, I lost my crochet hook. :eek And to make matters more interesting. I was crocheting with a 16mm hook. The largest hook I have been able to find in Korea is 8mm. My son is sending me one from Washington. If it does not arrive by tomorrow, :sweatI will try taping the 8mm hook I purchased here, in Korea, to a wide pen.

I came to Korea to participate in my 1st grandchild's birth. And what an awesome and wonder filled experience that has been.

Yes, I am a male who crochets. :yay

Wish me luck.

Mushroom Montoya

Kent, Washington

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and Welcome Mushroom, I would love to see a picture of your shaman's mask it's sounds wonderful.

Hi Mushroom! Welcome to Crochetville from Burlington, MA!I would love to see pictures of your work, especially that tostada! Glad to have you with us!

Welcome Mushroom from Melbourne Australia :kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo

Hope you enjoy your time here, we are a really great bunch of people and some of us are just like one big family

Welcome from New Jersey! I would love to see pictures of the bikinis you created. They sound adorable! :hook

I hope you enjoy your new grandchild, and I hope you are able to finish the blanket without any more trouble.

Hi Mushroom and welcome to the second happiest place on earth. I will let you choose the first.:D

Now the fun begins with the grandchildren. As the saying says, "If I knew Grandchildren we so much fun, I would of had them first.":lol

Always glad to welcome a male into our mist, infact it is always fun to welcome anyone.

One this is we do love pictures. Can't wait to see yours.:hook

:welcome! You sound like an innovative crocheter...go you! I remember being present for my first grandchild's birth. WOW!! what a great experience to hold a newborn just seconds after birth. Congratulations, soon-to-be-grandpa! :cheer

Wow! What a truly innovative crocheter! Enjoy your stay in Korea! I hope your grandbaby will never let go of his blankie!!

Welcome from Manila, Philippines and Garland, TX!!

Archived