Bluemoon Crocheted Beaded Purse (Finally )

Katchkan

Well I have finally been able to get back to work on my beaded purses. I had a thumb injury that made stringing beads extremely uncomfortable.

This purse is called Bluemoon and is one of my Novice Collection designs.It measures 8 1/4 inches long, excluding the fringe and the chain handle x 6 1/4 wide. It is done with size 8 beads and size 10 thread, There are about 8.500 beads in this purse. I use a number 7/ 1.65mm hook to crochet it with. I used a simple looped fringe on it. The whole idea of the novice collection it to have fairly simple and easy to do purses. It is lined with a light blue satin fabric. I am hopeing to get the pattern up on my website within the week.

Hope you like it. It felt wonderful to finally be able to get back to work on these.

BlueMoonPurse.jpgBluemoonPurse1.jpg

Did you say this purse was "easy to do" Kathy???? For you maybe! It looks very complicated and intricate to me.:eek It's absolutely beautiful.

That's beautiful. I'd be afraid to use it, I wouldn't want anything to happen to it. :)
I actually have used on of my purses everyday for about four years now. They are extremely durable. I can not imagine using anything else anymore.

FromRoli, Did you say this purse was "easy to do" Kathy???? For you maybe! It looks very complicated and intricate to me.:eek It's absolutely beautiful.

I know you wont believe me but they really aren't all that hard to do. Stringing the beads is biggest task. As long as I remember how to count it goes fairly easily.:lol

I SO want to do one of these ... and I'm terrified to try! The whole bead-stringing thing is half of what scares me, too; I imagine the actual crocheting part isn't that bad, but what happens when you're halfway through and find that you goofed and miscounted beads for the pattern or something? eek! Maybe eventually I'll screw up my courage, though. Lord knows the finished product would be worth it, your designs are just achingly beautiful.

I SO want to do one of these ... and I'm terrified to try! The whole bead-stringing thing is half of what scares me, too; I imagine the actual crocheting part isn't that bad, but what happens when you're halfway through and find that you goofed and miscounted beads for the pattern or something? eek! Maybe eventually I'll screw up my courage, though. Lord knows the finished product would be worth it, your designs are just achingly beautiful.
The way I have designed these you do basicly one row at time. The whole piece lays better that way. If you go roundy round the piece tends to twist. But the advantage of doing it this way it is easier to make corrections as needed. No one is perfect and I mess up stringing like anyone else. I even tell you how to fix mistakes in my patterns. I just try and remember to check myself often. I actually only string like 5-10 rows at a time. I hate pushing beads along, and with the method I came up with it is just as easy to do it this way.

Kathy it is absolutely gorgeous as I have come to expect. Having tried to finish up one of these gems I have to say my worst problem has been the beading. I hope to get away from all distractions soon and get back to it. I know it will be a work of art I will cherish for years.

Mary

Archived