Cluster scarf

Merlot

I made this scarf to go along with the cluster hat that I made. (Hat pattern here.) I credit Mom w/a Motif with the idea for the scarf. I used her basic pattern posted on her blog here, but modified it so that the edges would be straight instead of scalloped.

Here's a picture of the hat and scarf, made from LB Wool Ease in Mushroom (main color) and Chestnut (contrast color). (Clickable image)

th_Clusterscarfhat.jpg

Here's the pattern:

Cluster scarf

Cluster = (yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times in next sp, yo and draw though all loops on hook.

Ch 31

Row 1 - dc in 4th chain from hook, ch 1, skip 1 stitch, *make cluster, ch 1, skip 1 stitch*. Repeat from * to * across row, dc in last 2 stitches, ch 3, turn. (12 clusters made)

Row 2 - dc in dc, *cluster in space, ch 1*, repeat from * to * across row including into last space, sc in last dc & turning chain, ch 3, turn. (13 clusters made)

Row 3 - dc in dc, ch 1, *cluster in space, ch 1* across row, dc in last dc & turning chain, ch 3, turn. (12 clusters made)

Repeat rows 2 & 3 for pattern until desired length.

Hey Patty, that's great! I think I'll try your pattern, instead. :D Thanks for sharing.

Tina

(I am making a hat in the exact colors you have shown here, by the way. I liked them together, and got sick of changing colors every row, too.)

Thanks Patty! the scarf seems very manly!

hugs

Vims

:lol I guess it could be, but I've been wearing it. It's nice and warm in the WoolEase. I think next time I'd make it a little skinnier. I kind of fold it in half when I wear it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Merlot,

Ive decided to use your pattern to make myself a scarf but im having some problems understand row 2 and 3.

Quote: Row 2 - dc in dc, *cluster in space, ch 1*, repeat from * to * across row including into last space, sc in last dc & turning chain, ch 3, turn. (13 clusters made)

Row 3 - dc in dc, ch 1, *cluster in space, ch 1* across row, dc in last dc & turning chain, ch 3, turn. (12 clusters made)

It says ill end up with 2c in row 2, but the begining of row 3 says I dc in dc for the first stitch. Was that just a typo? I also need to know what turning chain should I use for both of these rows especially row 2. Please help Thanks

Archived