New Cell Phone Pouch

PJinNH

bluesmall.jpgredsmall.jpg

Cell Phone Pouch

Red Heart Worsted Yarn (watch out using the varigateds because sometimes sometimes they aren't as heavy).

Size H hook.

Chain 4, join to form a ring.

First Round: Chain 3, 2 dc in ring *chain 1 (corner), 3 dc in ring* repeat from * two more times, ch 1 and joint to top of beginning chain 3, slip stitch across the two dc, and slip stitch inside the corner space.

Second Round: Chain 3, 2 dc in corner sp, 3 dc in the same corner space, *3dc in next corner space, ch 1, 3dc in same corner space*, repeat from * twice more; slip stitch across the two dc, and slip stitch inside the corner space.

Third Round: Chain 3, 2 dc in corner sp, 3 dc in the same corner space; 3 dc in the side space; skip the corner space and do 3 dc in the next side space; 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in the corner space; 3 dc in the side space; ; skip the corner space and do 3 dc in the next side space; join in the top of the beginning ch-3; slip stitch across the two dc, and slip stitch inside the corner space.

Fourth Round: Chain 3, 2 dc in corner sp, 3 dc in the same corner space; 3 dc in the next space; skip the next space and do 3 dc in the next space; 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in the corner space; 3 dc in the next space; ; skip the next space and do 3 dc in the next space; join in the top of the beginning ch-3; slip stitch across the two dc, and slip stitch inside the corner space.

Rounds Five & Six: Repeat Round Four (or repeat until it fits your phone).

Crochet a chain of appropriate length to fit around your neck, attach to your purse, etc., and slip stitch into the same corner space, turn the chain and slip stitch back up the chain to the chain's starting point.

Slip stitch through the dc stitches until you reach the other corner space; sl st into the corner space, 4 sc in the same corner space followed by another sl st in the same space; sl stitch into the remaining dc's and into the corner space and finish off and weave in the ends.

To use, put phone in pouch and thread the long chain through the corner space on the opposite side.

You can also loop the chain around a purse strap and thread the phone through the strap to secure (the smaller chain option is recommended if you want to use it like this).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this pattern! It's a little more fancy than most of them and shows off your crochet work nicely. No excuse not to have one to match every purse! My stash is down to some small leftovers and I'm saving my money for the CGOA convention so this is perfect timing! Thanks!:hug

PJ,

I made your cell phone holder yesterday in heathered gray Wool-Ease. It's a very nice pattern! I was a little confused before I got the idea of the shape, but from then on it was smooth sailing. The Wool-Ease works fine, and I figure that will be my winter cozy, because the wool is a bit scratchy to wear around the neck without a sweater. Otherwise I plan to make one in cotton for the spring/summer.

Really a fantastic pattern! Thank you!

Glad you enjoyed the pattern...basically it starts out with a two-round granny square and on the 3rd round you skip opposite corners.

I think making them in cotton yarn for the summer is a fab idea! I'll have to give that a go myself.

thanks for the neat pattern! I made one in 30 mins and loved the closure. I also added a heart embellishment:) I also slide my key chain on the rope and its perfect while I go for walks! My camera's battery is down so will post a pic as soon as I replace the batteries.

HUgs

Vims

I made your cell phone pouch last night and it was a fun little project. I've only ever used a slip stitch to join something so all that slip stitching was different for me but very quick and fun to do. I love what it did to stabalize the strap and top edge. Tonight, I plan to add a few flowers to the pouch.

Thanks for sharing!

Deb, glad you liked the slip stitch, I think it finishes things off nicely.

Vims: Thanks for the link to your cell phone pouch, it came out very nicely!.

• 2 weeks later...

That's so nice. What seems to work (if I may beat my own drum) is that there's a closure on the top and it's easy to make :)

Archived