homespun poncho

mythunderbird

Turned out nice Vicki:cheer

I just crocheted a shrug with the homespun the other week from the free pattern on the Lion Brand site one of the multi colors and it turned out very nice. I like the way the Homespun works up and the multi colors are great..:manyheart

Now I just have to work at embedding pics of my projects into posts here so I can share..:think

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd also made a similar poncho in homespun... but my color is sorta, well, ugly... I mean not ugly-ugly, but it looked better on the skein than on me! But WOW, I made it over-sized (on purpose) and it is like worlds best afghan with a pre-made hole in the middle... it so so warm and snuggly and comfy... I was wearing it last night over my jammies and I fell asleep all curled up in my crochet chair... the kids kissed me goodnight and hubby woke me around 11:30 to go to bed... I decided I'm gonna make another one for daughter in college because it's cold (relative to two miles from the beach in Los Angeles) where she goes to college (Merced up near Yosemite in Central California).

I definitely LOVE the homespun... I think it works up easier once you get that foundation row done... it can be a real pain finding the right spot to put the hook through without actually 'splitting' into the wound strands of yarn...

• 2 weeks later...

Vicki,

I love this poncho. Where can I find the pattern. This is definately one my daughter would like and I have homespun that I am not having much luck using in anything else as I seem to loose the stitches in the texture.

I love the green hats on your blog site. For your nephew, I have one word of advice. Learn to make soup. My husband was 39 when he was diagnosed with colon cancer. We almost lost him before they figured out what it was. He went through 6 months of chemo, had the portacath put in, and he really didn't have that much trouble with the treatment. He did however break out in sores in his mouth and throat that were very heat and cold sensitive, made it hard to swallow as well. We found that soups dished up and left to settle to room temp were the easiest to eat. He also lost a lot of taste sensation, so he would eat canned icing and kosher dill pickles for a taste blast. Also, my advice is to cook everything. No matter what day of treatment he is in. Once he starts treatment, his immune system takes a huge hit, raw fruit and vegetables have minute bits of bacteria that will not come off even with the most thourough of cleaning. I know it will be hard for him, it was for my hubby, but we learned the hard way not get the fixings on his burgers. I will keep your nephew in my prayers.

Archived