Up Date:Pictures of Afghan, Can you help me do this for my mom

shella85222

Update on squares I have recieved on post 35. Thanks

I don’t want to be a burden to anyone but I would like to ask some of you for some help. My mother is so precious to me. For the last 2 months she has been very sick. She has always had asthma and so that has always been something she has dealt with. Well around 2 months she started getting sicker and sicker. She hasn’t been able to work for a while now. She now has pneumonia and is really struggling. She spends a lot of time in her recliner and she is always cold. I was wondering if you all could help me with a few 12 in. squares to make her a comfortgahn It is very hard on them right now with there insurance. It is costing them out of pocket over a $1000.00 a month for doctors and meds. She is going back to the doctor this morning and if she isn’t better they may put her in the hospital. She keeps telling them no because of the insurance. And it doesn’t help my father’s job is trying to find ways go replace him. It is painful the way people can treat you when you get older. I am going to sell there property and I am in the process of looking for a bigger home where I can move them in with me. I am so scared to see her so sick.

It is so hard for me to ask for any kind of help. But I know this would be something so special for her. I tell her all the time about things you all have made and how much I enjoy everyone here. If you cant help make a block please help by praying for her.

Her favorite colors are all shades of pink and mauves and I would be trimming the blanket in white. So if you could please do the last row around in white single crochet. I am going to use ww yarn. I would like to make it as soon as possible for her.

If you are interested please send me an email or message and I will send you my address.

Thanks so much.

Update on number 10

My mother has been very ill and is no longer able to work. I have been so worried about her. I asked the friends from crochetville to help me out with 12 in squares to make her a comfortgahn. I couldn’t believe all the people who have sent the most beautiful squares. There is so much talent out their and so many with wonderful hearts. I took the blanket to her last night after I finished the trim on it. I had her set in her favorite chair and close her eyes. Then I laid it all out on the floor in front of her and had her open her eyes. She was in tears when she seen all the squares and found out they came from all over. She took the time to read all the tags on each square. Of course my daughter was there helping her to read them. I let my daughter help me place the squares so she was a big help also. My mom just loved it and will cherish it forever. She says it is so special she doesn’t want to take the tags off. I told her just to save the tags and every time she uses it just think of us all giving her a big hug and telling her all is ok.

I guess I should have waited a little longer about putting it all together because I have received a few more squares. But I have a few ideas on what to do with them. I might make pillows out of them for her. Or even make another comfortgahn for my aunt; we just lost my uncle a couple of months ago. I k now she would love one also. So if you are still going to send me squares please do so. I will still make something special for my mom or my aunt out of each of them.

Thanks again everyone.. You all are the best.

132499595.jpg

132499591.jpg

132499585.jpg

132499580.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Shella, I'm so sorry!:hug I've got several gift projects going on right now, but I'd be happy to make a square for your mom. will just 1 square be okay?

Love and prayers,

Debi

I think it is very sweet that you want to do this for your mother and am sure you will get alot of response. I understand it being hard to ask for help, but this is the best place around to find it and get lots of support. Please put me down for 2 squares, I will do them next week and will email you for your addy.

Best wishes for you and your parents.

Oh Debi one square would be wonderful. Thank you so much. I will private message you with my address.

Oh Shella, I'm so sorry!:hug I've got several gift projects going on right now, but I'd be happy to make a square for your mom. will just 1 square be okay?

Love and prayers,

Debi

Update:

I just wanted to let everyone know how her doctor appointment went. She still has the pneumonia and also has the flu on top of that. Thankfully the doctor gave her several samples so she didn’t have to many prescriptions to fill. She is so weak. And is having very hard time breathing. I spoke with the builders in regards to the home we were thinking of buying and that was a disaster. They weren’t as truthful as they should have been. I took a realtor friend with me today and found out we could of lost a lot of money in a sneaky way. So I think we may just build on to the home she has now and move there with them. Their place is a big place so it may just work. Thank you all for the prayers and the squares.

Oh, doesn't it always seem to come at once. "When it rains, it pours", and it's usually never in a good way either. Well when stuff like this happens I always say 'Well it could have been worse..' at least you didn't have the house built then figure out you were swindled. And, fortunately the doctors gave her samples, so that saved some money, right? (I know it's a drop in the bucket, but..) Hang in there! :hug

Tina

hi hon, i will certainly help also, how many squares have you gotten, i can do at least 2 and maybe more but am also making chemo caps for my nephew as he is going to have to go through chemo next month for the stomach cancer he has, but i can sure make at least 2, i have a few others to make first but will work on them this weekend and send them please send me your address so i can get them out to you as soon as possible. thanks sweetie will certainly include her in my prayers and also put her on the prayer chain at church. take care honey and good luck with the house, i am glad you did not get taken. you have to watch out for people these days.:hug :hug :hug

Thank you so much. You are such an amazing person. I see why so many here care so much for you. 2 squares would be wonderful. I will pm you my address. I will aslo say a prayer for your nephew. God is a great help in times like this.

:hug

hi hon, i will certainly help also, how many squares have you gotten, i can do at least 2 and maybe more but am also making chemo caps for my nephew as he is going to have to go through chemo next month for the stomach cancer he has, but i can sure make at least 2, i have a few others to make first but will work on them this weekend and send them please send me your address so i can get them out to you as soon as possible. thanks sweetie will certainly include her in my prayers and also put her on the prayer chain at church. take care honey and good luck with the house, i am glad you did not get taken. you have to watch out for people these days.:hug :hug :hug

Alot of you have sent messages saying you are sending the blocks out in the next few days. Thank you so much. I just know she is going to love this. I just went to her house today and did all the cleaning. She wasnt able to get up and do to much at all. I feel so sorry for her.

Archived