How late do you stay up crocheting?

sakurasaku

I have to get up at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school. And I need my sleep. So I have stayed up a couple of times until 1:00 AM. But usually put it down by 10:00PM so I can get ready for bed. I guarantee that if I had the chance, I would be up all night, and sleeping all afternoon.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to crochet until 1 or 2 am, but that was going nowhere so after dinner is the time I crochet, and then I take a break to tuck the kids in after their showers, then it's back to the hook while DH watches a movie (helps him sleep...keeps me going until the end...grrr). Lately I've been getting sleepy at around 10-10:30 and then give in at 11. Crocheting's a great way to get sleepy btw :lol:sleep

I usually crochet an hour in the mornings before I have to go to work. I get home at around 5 and watch a little tv with my husband until about 6ish. Then, I'll crochet from about 7 to 9 p.m...that's if the kitties cooperate and decide not to "help." lol.

On the weekends (espcecially this past one), I crochet more.

I don't know how some of you stay up so late. lol. I'm not a "morning" person :angry , but give me something like crocheting where it doesn't involve any interaction with anyone and I'm fine. lol. I'm not a night owl either. I'm usually asleep by 10, at the latest...even on the weekends.

My husband gets up around 4:30 and even though I try to sleep in until 6, I can't. I hear him get up and that's it.

Aimee

Usually try to get finished before too late. I woke up one morning my cat was pulling my hair. I had my hook in hand afgan on my lap(nice and warm) the yarn and pattern had fallen on the floor. The clock read 4 a.m. I try to get everything including myself put away by 1:00 a.m.

I am VERY bad, BUT first off, I work second shift, and YES I have been known to stay up until my hubby goes to work, at 8AM..lol, and there are times I havent even compleated anything...hahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

How late I stay up usually depends on where I am on the project. If I only have a few rows left, I hate to leave such a little bit to do for the next day. If I have just started and it starts to take form then I will keep going until I literally can't keep my eyes open. I have stayed up as late (or as early) as 4 a.m.

I work from 3 to 11 pm, so our night doesn't start until I get home from work. DH and I always joke and say we're like the Addams Family, we're out walking around with the dog at 2:00 in the morning and sitting on our balcony with a cup of coffee at 2:30 or 3:00 am. Hubby normally goes to bed between 4 and 5 am, but four nights a week I am on call in case there's a problem here at the hotel, and that means my phone can ring right up until 7 am when the front desk opens for the day, so I pretty much stay up until then so that I'm not all disoriented if I have to go out and help a guest, and between crocheting and reading and posting at C-ville, it helps to keep me awake! :hook

I work from 3 to 11 pm, so our night doesn't start until I get home from work. DH and I always joke and say we're like the Addams Family, we're out walking around with the dog at 2:00 in the morning and sitting on our balcony with a cup of coffee at 2:30 or 3:00 am. Hubby normally goes to bed between 4 and 5 am, but four nights a week I am on call in case there's a problem here at the hotel, and that means my phone can ring right up until 7 am when the front desk opens for the day, so I pretty much stay up until then so that I'm not all disoriented if I have to go out and help a guest, and between crocheting and reading and posting at C-ville, it helps to keep me awake! :hook

Elle

i am bad, last night i was up till 3:30 and had to get back up at 4:30:eek , needless to say i was a walkin zombie this morning, my son got up at 6 and said to me mom, you alright, now you see i was sitting up and he thought i was awake:lol :lol , my eyes were even open he said, well i woke up then and he told me i had left the microwave door open with my heat pack for my back inside it still in it :blush :blush tonight i think will get to bed a little earlier lol:think :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm so glad I found this thread, now I know I'm not a total freak! :D I usually crochet (or browse crochet boards) until 1am or so, sometimes much later. I often have insomnia, and I'll crochet until I start making mistakes due to sleepiness. Sometimes I find that I nod off right in the middle of a stitch! Somehow my hands complete the stitch on their own:scrachin. My husband says that when I have a regular job, I'll probably start getting sleepy earlier. But I really do need to crochet at least an hour or two every night to wind down.

• 3 weeks later...

I crash just about every night by 10. I don't crochet every night, I alternate between EQII, crocheting, reading or hanging out with friends. Some days I get more time, some times less. I also get about an hour most mornings to do something before work, and often that's crochet.

Wow..I have never stayed up all night to crochet...I have to have like 9 hrs of sleep everynight....or I am tired..I have to keep up with 21 5-6 yr olds for 8 hrs...they would run me down if I did have my sleep..I normally crochet between 3 and 7 everyday, but since I have found this forum I have been crocheting a little less...hhhuuummm I wonder why?:think

I usually crochet until at least midnight. I have been known to crochet until 2 or 3 am, then I'm back up at 5:30 to get ready for work. I usually start crocheting after dinner and crochet off and on till I go to bed.

My daughter will come into the living room, ask to see my progress, then goes back into her room. I'm now working on her ghan, and every time she asks to see the progress, she tells me it needs to be bigger, then walks off!

Archived