sakurasaku

How late do you stay up crocheting?

On an average about 12:00 a.m., but during the holidays, I have still been up stiching when my daughter gets up for school at 6:30 a.m. I have a sectional couch that has a "chaise" area, which is perfect, because I can put my feet up and stitch, stitch, stitch and stack all my yarn, hooks, markers, patters, beads, etc. next to me on the couch. My hubby says, "you know honey the rest of that couch is actually for other people to sit on", I reply, "Oh, really"?

During the summer, my 8 year old crochets with me in the evenings and usually falls asleep in the midst of yarn and other crochet supplies. It is so cute!!

Hey does anyone crochet at work? I do!! I have a big desk that is enclosed at bottom where your feet are. I have so many projects stashed under there!!! When I have a few minutes I just stitch away. Sometimes it helps me think. I love being the boss!!!

Most nights till 2am when Coast to Coast is over :)

I also bring my WIP in the truck with me, we sometimes have a bit of travel to get to our job sites.

I crochet in bed until I fall asleep (simple things only tho)..so I have no idea how late I stay up. Last night, I was doing an increase round on a "cap to the capital" hat and fell asleep 3 times before I got to the end. When I finally reached 48 dc's.. I put it away and slept till about 4:30am.

During the summer I'm usually either up very late or get up very early (cooler and I get to use the computer while teens sleep)... it's so nice being off with the kids.

On occassion I have been known to stay up all night. In the winter it is nothing for me to be crocheting til 2 in the morn. I even crochet while playing cards on pogo (is that nuts or what). Summer is here now and I go from about 8 in the morn til 10 at night.

I once stayed up all night to crochet because I was trying to finish a baby blanket and I had procrastinated a lot so I was up the night before a friend's baby shower trying to finish her gift.

Dagonfli: I crochet at work a little too! :)

I have my first 8 to 5 job/internship this summer and they put me in a corner cubicle where I'm surrounded by 3 walls and my desk is facing the open end with some room beside it to walk out of the cubicle. On days where there is little work to do I sneak in a bit of crochet or when I just need a break from staring at the computer all day...

I can stay up until 2 sometimes 3 am crocheting... the problem comes the next morning when my children wake me up around 7 asking for breakfast! :rofl

this summer, i had tons of free time and no real responsibilities during the day, and my boyfriend started a job that he had to get up at 4:30 in the morning for. a few times, i'd start something around 7 or 8pm, and he'd go to bed around 10 or 11, and i'd sit up and crochet.... and i'd still be sitting there when it was time for him to get up lol. and i wouldn't stop until long after he left, like 8am. then i'd sleep til 1 lol.

well i try to go to bed by 1, but last night i was up till about 3am, i just wanted to get to the end of the skein i was working on...so i kept going thinking, i'll be done soon...i'll be done soon...and before i knew it it was 3am.

Hi ,

It is so good to know that there are others out there crocheting in the wee small hours when you are too . :hook My partner is a security guard and doesnt get home till 4amish at the earliest . So I tend to stay up till he gets home , crocheting , and then go to bed when he does .:c9 The only thing is I then get up a couple of hours later , and get on with the day .:think Which is mainl crocheting at the moment , lol ,:blush so as not to make too much noise while he sleeps .

Lately, about midnight or 1 am. That's really late for me as I have to care for three young children all day. If I only slept a couple of hours it could be disasterous.

I ;pve crocheting and I think the latest I have ever stayed up crocheting is 3 am not and easy feat being six months pregnant. Hubby begs me to turn out light and I just keep saying I just gotta finish this sleeve or I can't quit now.

Tonya

Since I've lost my job I never go to bed before 3 am. If I don't crochet, I read or I'm online.

By day I can't concentrate half as well, there's noise, the telephone rings, cars pass by, I feel obliged to do "useful" things...

By night, when everybody is asleep, there is that particular silence that I enjoy very much. I can relax and therefore concentrate better.

Last week I crocheted in my bed until 5 am, listening Tori Amos. That was great!

If I have to finish something by a particular time, i can stay up til the wee hours but most nights only until 11.00pm, i have a 2 year old who waked up at 5.30am everyday - she is as regular as an alarm clock, I can't wait until winter... then she sleeps in til about 7-8am.... counting down the days.

Oh boy I'd stay up half the night if I didn't have kids to get up and get ready in the morning!!! I usually head to bed by 10 or 11, but crochet right up to that point! LOL:blush

I've always been a night owl. My friends and family know not to call me before 10 am on the weekends. They know I've been up til 1 or 2 reading, crocheting, or knitting. I also have been known to nuke leftovers for dinner so I can crochet from about 6 until 12. I can only do that once or twice a week or my elbow will really protest.

:heart

Oh wow I see I am not the only one that is a late night crocheter lol. I am up all hours of the night with all my projects I seem to get more done at night when my girls are sleep and I don't have to worry about going here and there to do other things around the house.

I try not to, but it happens again and again.

Tonight, just to avoid this...I hopped in my car and ran down to Joanne's to do a yarn run. I have been debating about the colors of my next afghan (floral). I ended up getting Lt Raspberry, White & either hunter or paddy green, not sure which will look best yet.

But.....because I still have a large blanket that is in the assembly stage (the part I dread) I have 125 pieces left, and needing to see a completed project tonight...

and doing whatever I can to abstain from starting the new blanket before I finish the one that's almost done......I went ahead and snagged 2 woodsy variegated skeins and a dk brown to make a quick scarf (which I am almost done with). I will assemble the blanket over the weekend! I will be up until about midnight tonight!!!! I am going to post a pic of the scarf and blanket when I am finished!!!!!

Lisa

:yes

:juggle I am definitely a night owl. Always have been. On weekends I often stay up crocheting until 4am, or even 6am. During the work week (even tho I have to be at work at 9am) I usually stay up until 2 or so. I hate to go to sleep because there are so many other things to do...read, work sudoku, watch TV, crochet, or just sit and think. It's awful in a way because I'm always worn out by the sleep deprivation by Friday. One day I'll get to retire and make my own hours every day.

:earth susan

I usually stay up till about midnight or 1-2am. I have a hard time getting to sleep unless I am really tired. I don't need much sleep, never have. I was never one to ever sleep past 9am:no

I have crocheted until about 1am and make myself go to bed ----- only to lay there thinking about my project!

I will stay up all nite if it is a special gift for someone. Sometimes I will work on a project till 3 or 4 a.m. I can't seem to put the hook down! Its a terrible addiction, like CHOCOLATE!

I have crocheted till the sun rises before!

I crochet during the day and can't remember ever staying up late crocheting. In the evenings, I might pick at it while watching TV with my husband, but most of it is done during the day. I don't think I'd be alert enough at night. I'm a morning person.

I get home from work by 8:30 and I put my ds to sleep (hopefully) by 10:30 and then silly me I'll stay up until after midnight. It is my only time to myself, but then I'm tired because of it and then the baby gets up at odd hours. Oh well, it is worth it to see something beautiful come out of my hands.:hook

i have been known to stay up till 3-4 in the morning sometimes later depending on what i am working on and how bad i want to finish it.