How late do you stay up crocheting?

sakurasaku

Night owl here, most nights (mornings) dawn is breaking by the time I'm seeking my pillow. But I'm usually up by 10:30 no matter how late (early) I go to bed. Will have to start working to shift that back a bit very soon, however, once I start working again. When I was working, average bedtime was around 2 am. I am NOT a morning person! :morcoffee

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in my teens and twenties I could stay up to the wee hours. Now, I start turning into a pumpkin around 9pm. I need to finish up crocheting things by that time because otherwise when morning rolls around I find mistakes and end up frogging.

• 2 months later...

I stay up until about 2 Am if I am reading. I love history, and get absorbed in books about it. Am now reading "The Mayflower" by N. Philbrick. It sheds a lot of light on the Pilgrims--reality is a lot different than the Thanksgiving pictures that were painted. Miles Standish was really a shrimp! Not even 5 foot tall!

Well, I've been having trouble sleeping for over a year now (since September '04 - loooooooooong story), so I never go to bed at a "reasonable" hour anyway.

But the latest I've specifically stayed up crocheting was 3 a.m., and that was when I made my first amigurumi. It was one of those "things" - that I'm sure a lot of YOU would understand, but my hubby didn't. It was all coming together so well, and I just couldn't wait to see what it looked like when it was finished, so I just HAD to finish it! :hook

• 3 weeks later...

I crochet in my sleep. Seriously, I have fallen asleep with hook and yarn in my hand, woken up and started up right where I left off. Then there's the times when I dream about crocheting. I dream that I have finished the project of the moment only to wake up and realize the cruel reality that I am only half way done.

Bearsgrammy - how funny, my DH is reading that same book. It does belabor the point that he was short, doesn't it? Anyway, don't know where you're from, but if you ever get towards Boston, MA - you've got to visit the Plimoth plantation (and no, I didn't spell that wrong!). It's excellent.

Me? I will crochet until my eyes burn, my DH wakes up and gives me "that look" that says "You fool, you need to sleep!" (He doesn't understand yarn obsession - I think he wishes he could be a skein of yarn some evenings ;) ) OR I will crochet until I start making mistakes. I have had many times where I wake up in the morning to pick up my work and find I messed up 3 rows back....ugh!

I'm sure "late" for me is different than it is for other people. I'm a college student, and going to bed at midnight is early for me. I usually stay up to around 2 or 3, but I go later if I'm really involved in the project or watching a good movie while I crochet.

My son and I become quite the night owls when school lets out for the summer --typically we are up until well after midnight CST; he on MySpace, AOL IM or World of Warcraft, me on the couch listening to the death and destruction, watching who he's talking to, and crocheting!

I prefer to do my crocheting in the morning or the afternoon.....watching TV, by the evening I am usually too tired to enjoy it, but if I am under pressure I just load up on some really strong tea (it keeps me awake), and work until I can't go anymore....more often then not I prowl around Crochetville in the late hours of the night........

Cant stay up much past midnight-will make too many mistakes on my project.Crochet any time of day when I've got the time! Have got up early 6am to carry on with something I'm really enjoying making. I get the 'just one more row' bug when I have to stop to make meals etc! Love it when the kids are out and I can crochet all day!

I will stay up all night if I have a pattern going well. I have that need to exceed and my DH thinks I should go to bed early...go figure. On an average midnight if I am not falling asleep...other nights until 4a.m. if I am really involved I lose track of time.

well like someone else said earlier I usually stay up late aswell and 12am is early for me so sometimes I stay up until 2 or 3 am while watching a movie or something:)

I will continue working until I am too tires and start making mistakes. I take mine everywhere in the car, there is a 4 min. red light on the way home, i have been know to work on my project while waiting at the light! I also worked on them at work while waiting for my patients and during my lunch time! Is this an addiction or what?!

Oh my God....I thought I was the only nut who did that one more row thing till 3.LOL...I have stayed up till 3 in the mornin and once my hubby was getting up to go to work....he gets up at 5:lol :lol I LOVE IT!!:hook

Me too. I've stay up to 2am.

Archived