How late do you stay up crocheting?

sakurasaku

When I stay up late....and then go back to the project in the a.m...I am asking myself....: WHAT DID I DO??? What row is this? YIKES!! Then, never fail, I am taking apart a couple rows and doing the work over AGAIN!

So staying up for me is not a good idea...but I do tend to stay up to 12:30 or so...ew!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been known to stay up until the wee small hours, like around 4:00 a.m. working on something...but on average 1:00 a.m.

sounds just like me:knit:knit:knit:knit:knitjust can't stop

I totally relate to the "getting up early to crochet" thing. I get up around 5:00, have my coffee, do the newspaper crossword, and crochet. I also love to crochet at night while I'm watching TV. As I have tendonitis, I have to be careful, so I have a pattern of resting on commercials. I think the latest I've stayed up to crochet is 11:30...Pam

i have stayed up til about 5am crocheting...my mom thought I was crazy...but oh well. I nornally only crochet until about 3am though, especially after I get home from work on the weekends.....it relaxes me....

• 1 month later...

Let's see...I don't know if this counts as staying up all night or not. I've actually dozed off during the "one more row" phase. And when I wake up, I start back up for a few more rows. Heck, I'm even holding my hook and yarn ready to do the next stitch. But usually the third time I doze off I figure I'd better get to bed. :hook

I have actually drifted off with the hook still in my hands, then jerked back awake and continued. I have stayed up until 5 am crocheting, that was my latest. Then, when I awake the next morning- I start all over again. Sometimes, I will clothes my eyes at night to sleep, and I see my crocheting. (Thats when I have spent all day working on it) Its almost like I am dreaming of myself still working on the project. NOW I HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES!!! :lol

I have stayed up with three 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper at my side working on a item for 34 hours straight. I never slept, the whole time I was awake. But when I was finished I slept for 6 hours straight and my arms, hands and back ached a little when I woke up. But I did it for the love of a baby.:manyheart

Gee whiz you guys are amazing! The latest I have stayed up is 11:00 PM...on weekends...and 10:00 PM on weekenights.

However, before I started to crochet I was in bed by 6:30 PM! I didn't watch TV, I would read instead so after dinner and chores instead of TV I would curl up with my dog and my book and drift off.

I am also up by 4:00-4:30 AM because I leave for work at 6:30 and I hate to rush! Just think, I am getting up as some of you are going to sleep after a lomg night of hooking!:lol

I once had a grissly baby and crocheted a plain afghan while I rocked in a rocking chair and balanced the baby over my shoulder. The edges werent very straight - I must admit.:blush

I am usually an early to bed, early to rise person, but when I am under pressure, like for a gift, I will stay up until I am finished. That one more row thing happens to a lot of us. I truly enjoy a house that everyone else is sleeping and I can crochet to my heart's content.:cheer

Linda:manyheart

If I am trying to finish a project, I'll stay up until it's done. Otherwise, prolly midnight is the latest I'll stay up crochet-ing.

Now if I'm reading a good book, I'll read until the sun comes up. :D

Too late...let's see it is 3 am and I think I will retire (ya know, sleep) and I will get up tomorrow (like in a few hours) at 8am. Yep, it is 5 hrs of sleep for me tonight. I=crazy.

I've been known to crochet three days in a row without a break - took me just three weeks to make a 6' x 5' afghan that way! Hubby wasn't too pleased, but I couldn't resist. I also spent an inordinate amount of nights typing up that "Molly Weasley" style sleeve pattern I designed. Maybe I'm just an owl in real life :D

Think it depends on the project im working on, but if i want it done quick i will stay up till about 1.30/ 2.00 at the latest.

im terrible for getting out of bed in the mornings, and if i havnt had much sleep well it ruins my day :D

Archived