How late do you stay up crocheting?

sakurasaku

I started working on another baby afghan last night and I just couldn't put it down, as the pattern started to emerge in my hands (isn't that always magical?). "One more row", "Just one more row", "I'll go to sleep after this row, I swear"....by the time I finally collapsed, still in my clothes, it was close to 4 AM, I think.

How late do you stay up (or how late have you stayed up) crocheting? I'm betting that many of you have done all-nighters to finish that special project for tomorrow's baby shower, or some situation like that.:hook

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am ashamed to say that the latest I've probably ever stayed up until is probably midnight. I love the feeling when I see the pattern emerge in baby blankets. My hand gets tired if I crochet too long. Maybe I'm just using bad hooks or something. I generally give gifts to people late as opposed to staying up all night making them items. That reminds me, I should start that Harry Potter scarf for my friend so I won't have to stay up all night making it.

Oh my God....I thought I was the only nut who did that one more row thing till 3.LOL...I have stayed up till 3 in the mornin and once my hubby was getting up to go to work....he gets up at 5:lol :lol I LOVE IT!!:hook

My DH gets leaves for work at 4:15AM and get home 6:30PM or later,so when he gets home I put away my work and spend the evening with him. He goes to bed 9:30-10:00PM. The only time is like presents if I'm not done with them I'll stay up until they are done..I'm good under pressure....:lol

normally i stay up until 2am. i have on occassion stay up intil 4 or 5 which is very bad, since my grand daughter who is 2 is dropped off at 8 or 9 am. a 2 year old with that little sleep makes for a very long, bad day. my dh gets upset with me and tells me how bad that is for my health and i tell him never again, but -- you know the deal!

I've pulled all nighters a ton of times...and not because I've had to get something finished, just because I get so into what I'm doing I can't stop and that makes me hyper so I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to!

I have been known to stay up until 3 but only under a deadline. :hook

I have a two year old and if I don't get enough sleep I also have a very long, bad day. It is not fair for him so I try to wrap it up at 10 or so.

My DH is a restaraunt manager and has late night sometimes so I am up late those nights because I can't sleep until I know he is home safe. I get a lot of crocheting done those nights. No distractions, no hubby, sleeping baby, the whole house to myself.

I usually stay up till 1 am, I use to stay up till 3 or 4...but not anymore. If I try to stay up past one, thinking " just one more row"...but my eyes get heavy. Now I have stayed up a few times to get a gift done, my hubby gets up at 5:30...he couldn't believe I was still up..lol...but I don't do that anymore...I have kids!:hook

Sadly, my 18 mo DS thinks sleeping is for wimps. So I'm usually up to midnight or one a.m. just TRYING to get him to go to sleep. In my perfect world, he would go to sleep at 9 pm every night, so I could get a couple of hours ALL TO MYSELF and still get to bed at a decent hour.

I remember doing my first project last summer. It was a beanie and I was SO FASCINATED that I ended up staying up until dawn and then I went through the rest of my day so charged up from my finished project that I didn't crash until my normal bed time of about 9 or so.

I'll rarely crochet into the night. The funny thing with me is that I work in a call center so I bring my crochet to work and work on it between calls or when I'm on hold with another department. I get most of the work done there but I don't crochet when I'm at home because if I do it makes me tired. lol

I NEVER stay up late but I sure get up EARLY! I get up at 4 AM and crochet until Hubby gets up at 6:30. Yep, we're retired but you can't break life-long habits! Oh okay, I do get on the computer too.:ccompute

We are kindred spirits, I see!:2spin "one more row, one more motif"...

I made teenage son a hat by request night before last, so teen daughter wanted a scarf... and now I'm sick:sick but I stayed up until I fell asleep, hook in hand around 11:30 (had taken some night-time cold meds, too) but then as luck would have it I woke up with a killer headache at 5:00 a.m.:headache and figured "since I'm up anyway..." so I made some coffee:morcoffee and was able to get it almost done...

Archived