Another Jersey Girl

HollyM

Hi!

I'm Holly from Centralish Jersey. I'm a mom and temporarily unemployed pastry chef (hated where I was working so I'm taking a few weeks off to knock out some credits toward my degree).

I'm new to crochet and only know a few basic things but that hasn't stopped me from buying too much yarn already. Buying yarn is why I learned to crochet. I saw all this fabulous yarn at AC Moore and needed a reason to buy it. Of course now I've found what *really* fabulous yarn there is out beyond the chain craft stores I'm going to be in biiiiigggg trouble with the hubby.

I have been busy crocheting lots of hats and just dived into the world of felting. I finished what I think is a *really* cute bag today. I have to figure out how & where to put pictures so you guys can tell me how I did. I'm horrible at reading patterns so I took the simple hat patten I was using and just made it wider and longer and viola! A bag.

Anyway, lots of reading to do, you guys have so many great ideas!!! I'm really glad I found this board

Holly

Hi, Holly! :welcome Glad you're here! Yarn is wonderful, isn't it?! :pig

You can get free space for photos at photobucket.com or pnavy.com. There are one or two other places, I think, but I can't remember them right now.

Hi Holly!

Glad to have a neighbor in Jersey here with me. I LOVE AC MOORE for my quick yarn fixes! Lately I have been really into thrift store sweaters and using them for the yarn instead.

I can't wait to see your hat. I am a hat girl myself!

Ro-

for the warm welcome everyone! I've picked up a lot just reading through all the posts. Especially new places to buy yarn!!!

Ro, I'm up in Monmouth County but my best friend will be moving to Marlton this summer (if they can find a house!)

so I'm sure I'll be down that way from time to time. You'll have to tip me off to the good LYS there <g>

Holly

Archived