Eastern Ct

Beaglelady

Hi! I got your pm. Nice to meet you, too! :) I'm in Manchester, just east of Hartford and probably not too too far from you. By any chance do you know how to do Front Post Double Crochet, etc.? I need a lefty to show me how to do these correctly. Maybe we can hitch up some time? I know my golden retreivers would love to play with your beagles. :D

Hi! I got your pm. Nice to meet you, too! :) I'm in Manchester, just east of Hartford and probably not too too far from you. By any chance do you know how to do Front Post Double Crochet, etc.? I need a lefty to show me how to do these correctly. Maybe we can hitch up some time? I know my golden retreivers would love to play with your beagles. :D

Hi...

I'm in Hamden, I'm a lefty, and I know how to do Front Post Double Crochet! :-)

Joan

I'm a righty and in Manchester too! I would like to meet more crocheters too. Any thoughts on were or when? Have either of you been to that little coffee shop on Main street? I was walking down there the other day and it looked cute. I don't know what it is called though. There's also a yarn store in Vernon just a little one, but the owner is nice maybe she'd let us meet there. Ok, really I have too full of a plate to plan. Just throwing out ideas, if someone comes up with something concrete I'm in....

I'm a righty and in Manchester too! I would like to meet more crocheters too. Any thoughts on were or when? Have either of you been to that little coffee shop on Main street? I was walking down there the other day and it looked cute. I don't know what it is called though. There's also a yarn store in Vernon just a little one, but the owner is nice maybe she'd let us meet there. Ok, really I have too full of a plate to plan. Just throwing out ideas, if someone comes up with something concrete I'm in....

Hi! You, Tweety and me are in Manchester. How cool! There's one in Sterling and one in Hamden. I'm looking toward April or May to meet somewhere. Will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

:cheer Hello Ladies,

I live in Coventry and work in Manchester. There are two nice breakfast/lunch restaurants on Main St. in Manchster - Cafe on Main & Landmark Restaurant.

Cafe on Main is under new ownership and I haven't been there lately. Landmark is owned by one of the original Cafe on Main owner and serves WONDERFUL breakfasts. We order "brunch" once a week or so at work.

Tonite as I pulled into the parking lot for my hairdressing appointment I found a NEW YARN store in Coventry. Promises lots of hand dyed yarn, it looks very nice from the window. They were not open, but are having a grand opening celebration this Saturday 4/8. The flyer in the window mentioned a 'cafe' to sit and knit or crochet. I plan to visit on Saturday. There's also a Dunkin Donuts nearby or a bit further away "meet me on main" a coffee shop in the former firehouse. Local antique and gift shopping too.

I'm a righty too :)

Hi, Andi

I live in Manchester (within walking distance of the Cafe On Main) and work in Hartford. Some how, some time we all have to get together and have our own S&B. You mentioned another eatery...Landmark...where is that?

New Yarn store! Where exactly in coventry. I live in Manchester, but I work at UCONN, so Coventry is right in between!

Oh my goodness you guys are making me homesick!! I lived in Manchester with my dh for the first few years after our marriage, I wish we were a little closer (up near Providence RI now), I'd love to meet some of you!

Who knows, depending - if you meet some Saturday, maybe I could leave the kids with dh and take a drive down out there!

I live in Coventry and work in Manchester. There are two nice breakfast/lunch restaurants on Main St. in Manchster - Cafe on Main & Landmark Restaurant.

Cafe on Main is under new ownership and I haven't been there lately. Landmark is owned by one of the original Cafe on Main owner and serves WONDERFUL breakfasts. We order "brunch" once a week or so at work.

Tonite as I pulled into the parking lot for my hairdressing appointment I found a NEW YARN store in Coventry. Promises lots of hand dyed yarn, it looks very nice from the window. They were not open, but are having a grand opening celebration this Saturday 4/8. The flyer in the window mentioned a 'cafe' to sit and knit or crochet. I plan to visit on Saturday. There's also a Dunkin Donuts nearby or a bit further away "meet me on main" a coffee shop in the former firehouse. Local antique and gift shopping too.

I'm a righty too :)

can you post the adress or PM me. I would like to go see the new yarn shop. I have a GPS so all I need to find it is an address.

And I would love to meet up with some of you in Manchester at some point. I don't live that far from Main Street Manchester. But now sure where the two cafes are. I know where Sunny Side Up is.

Oh my goodness you guys are making me homesick!! I lived in Manchester with my dh for the first few years after our marriage, I wish we were a little closer (up near Providence RI now), I'd love to meet some of you!

Who knows, depending - if you meet some Saturday, maybe I could leave the kids with dh and take a drive down out there!

That would be awesome if we all can meet up sometime. I know I've said before that I'd get some plan together for all of us to meet somewhere, but I've been way too busy lately to really put some thought into it. When the weather gets warmer, all of us should think about when and where we should meet.

Hi, Andi

I live in Manchester (within walking distance of the Cafe On Main) and work in Hartford. Some how, some time we all have to get together and have our own S&B. You mentioned another eatery...Landmark...where is that?

Hi Gleda,

I work on Main St., in the Watkins Building so we are pretty close. Landmark is in the old Marlow's building.

Andi

New Yarn store! Where exactly in coventry. I live in Manchester, but I work at UCONN, so Coventry is right in between!

It's called the Knitting Knook and is in the Vinton Corners plaza on Main St. (Rt. 31) - next to Curves and Hair Trends II. Coming from Manchester on Rt. 44, turn right onto 31. Pass NewAlliance Bank and Dunkin Donuts. The plaza is just past them on the left too. One of the girls from work and I are going to check it out on Saturday - maybe we'll see you there :)

That would be awesome if we all can meet up sometime. I know I've said before that I'd get some plan together for all of us to meet somewhere, but I've been way too busy lately to really put some thought into it. When the weather gets warmer, all of us should think about when and where we should meet.

My DH has asked me to ask you all if you camp. We are seasonal at Salem Farms in Salem and he me wants me to have "knitting" (he's still learning) friends for me to hang out with while we are camping. Maybe we can plan a summer "field trip" for a Saturday or Sunday after our season starts in May.

gtg back to Manchester for dd's violin lesson @ Beller's. I feel like I just left there, oh yeah I did.:lol

Hi All, Just an FYI the Hancock fabrics in Manchester is going out of business and all of their lion brand is on sale!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone I am new to the forms and I also live in Connecticut I live in New Britain and I am always looking to meet others here:cat

Welcome Wildthing - I'm from Coventry and there are several others here who are from Central CT.:)

Andi, a camp out is a great idea! I'm willing. And hey, I'm just down the street from Beller's in Manchester. :)

Gleda,

That's great!! We camp every weekend from tomorrow through Columbus Day weekend. I'm hoping to take the Fugly Yarn basket camping this summer too. Check out the Fugly Yarn thread if you haven't yet. It's hysterical.

We can have a crochet day/cookout/hang out kind of get together for the local members. We can crochet on the deck, or by the pool or in the sunny field... the possibilites are endless. Let's canvas the other CT ladies and pick a date!:)

I'm at Beller's every Wed. nite from 7-7:30, with my crochet bag, of course.:yes

Archived