Sign in to follow this  
Mom w/a Motif

Okay I have a really stupid question...Picture added on last page

But I don't know the answer... so I thought I would ask here! :D Is a soap saver meant to be washed with? Like this one. Do you actually wash with the soap in it? Like a body scrubber? Otherwise how would it be a soap saver? To put the scraps in with the new bar... Or is it just a pretty bag to hold soap in? :think

Thanks in advance...

Tina

That's a pretty thing... and it looks to me that you would put a new, dry bar of soap in it and not wash with it... just be able to smell the pretty scent of the soap until you're ready to put it into use... just my opinion... I wouldn't wash with it...

This one says, 'This one doubles as a body scrubber. When the soap gets too small, stick it in with a new bar so it's also a soap saver...' So maybe that's where I got the idea that it's to wash with, too. :shrug I personally think it's too pretty to wash with too, I was just curious. I need to know these things you know... :lol Tina

I think you'd be able to use it as a body scrubber as well even though the instructions don't specifically mention it. It seems like a little bit of a waste to only use it as a soap holder and not be able to use it to wash youself...

Just wondering ...wont using it for scrubbing ...even gently , make it icky? Like gooey messy thing? Especially until it dries?

Yasmin.

Just wondering ...wont using it for scrubbing ...even gently , make it icky? Like gooey messy thing? Especially until it dries?

No, it doesn't. There's just enough soap in the cotton fibers to act as a scrubby.

That is so NOT a stupid question because I have ALWAYS wondered the same thing! But, I was too shy to ask. Thanks for bringin it up!

maybe I might make a couple of those! hmmmmmm....

This one says, 'This one doubles as a body scrubber. When the soap gets too small, stick it in with a new bar so it's also a soap saver...' So maybe that's where I got the idea that it's to wash with, too. :shrug I personally think it's too pretty to wash with too, I was just curious. I need to know these things you know... :lol Tina

LizC Here is another one you wash with. I am making this for someone for a gift, but I was just curious... Thanks everyone! :hug

Tina

I use my soap savers as body scrubbers. I'll even add the little pieces of soap bars to the bag to help use them up. After I am done with the scrubber, I rinse it out and let the soaps dry in a soap dish them stick them back in the bag.

you could either use it to display your soap, or use it as a scrubby for your body, i have a few of these for display. and also i use them, personally, i love them as one was sent to me and i use it often with great comfort.:hug :hug :hug

I would use it - why not use pretty things on yourself!!! :cheer

This is the one that I've made (using acrylic, cotton and hemp). It works great, especially for exfoliating. It makes a great gift; put a bar of Body Shop soap inside, with a bottle of skin cream and any other personal items.

My husband and I use our soap savers and love them. It is a great scrubby (I think it does better than those nylon pouf thingies) and it makes the soap last longer. After I use it, I hang it up in the shower for it to dry. It takes a while to lather up with a brand new bar of soap, but I personally love to use it. After 21 years of crocheting, it's the first thing I made for myself!

Thanks everyone. :) Here is my first finished soapsaver. I've been crocheting for 17 years and never made one of these yet. But I will definitely make more since they make great gifts and are practical.

[/url]th_4b8bb9ab.jpg

Tina

Thats interesting ..now maybe I should try it out! I've been toying with the idea of making one for myself....earlier I made these as gifts to give away in my exchanges.

Yasmin.