New Here, cold in Wis.

Mary1969

Hi-I am Mary . So excited to find a place w/ other people that crochet. My daughter is a knitter and keeps trying to teach me, but I have crocheted for years and one needle is all I can handle right now.

This will be a great day to sit and crochet being as it is -22 outside and just when I was looking at seed catalogs and dreaming of spring in Wisconsin.

My two puppies, Eli and Maize, are keeping me busy today also; they can not understand why I do not let thm outside all morning like usual. They are labradors and are stubborn about putting on coats and boots/mittens :D

I would like to find something small to start out with being as I have not crocheted for so long-any suggestions?

Thanks-

Mary

Welcome to Crochetville:welcome

You will love it here but it can be addicting lol just like buying yarn lol.

Have you checked out the Lion Brand site at www.lionbrand.com they have free patterns and also have patterns from easy to more advanced. Their patterns are up to date and easy to read. Dishcloths are back I know I use them in my kitchen they are easy to wash and we also use them to take hot things out of the microwave or as a mat to place hot dishes on. Scarfs are very popular and with cold weather those are always nice..for all ages and both for men and ladies.

I have been crocheting for many many years but it is always nice to have some quick projects to do.:hook

Well enjoy

:manyheart

HI MARY and:welcome from Los Angeles!

-22 ????:yuck You poor thing.... I truly cannot imagine what that is like... I was just commenting to hubby that it's awfully cold today... around 55 I would guess, probably warm-up to mid 60's... *I take it all back*

You are gonna LOVE Crochetville!!!!! I just joined and this is the greatest most awesome wonderful group EVER!!!!!:jumpyay

A big hello from Down Under! :rock

I have no idea about degrees Fahrenheit (it's all Celcius here) but I'll bet it's cold! Maybe you could start making yourself a patchwork afghan? That only needs small squares at a time and it'll keep you warm through the chill.

Hi-I am Mary .

This will be a great day to sit and crochet being as it is -22 outside and just when I was looking at seed catalogs and dreaming of spring in Wisconsin.

My two puppies, Eli and Maize, are keeping me busy today also; they can not understand why I do not let thm outside all morning like usual. They are labradors and are stubborn about putting on coats and boots/mittens :D

I

Welcome, Mary:

You bet it's cold here in Wisconsin! I'm in the Fox Cities. Where are you?

Our cat, Buddy, has been begging to go out on the screened in porch all day. We keep telling him that just because it is sunny it does not mean it is warm.

When you are dreaming over the seed catalogs remember how beautiful our summers are. I've lived in Maryland, Illinois, and Missouri where the summers are hot and humid starting from mid-May to mid-October. Nobody has the beautiful gardens like we do because nobody wants to go out in the heat of the day and weed.

Glad to have you join us here at Crochetville. Hope to hear from you often.

Artemis

Welcome from another Wisconsinite! In Wisconsin we know the perfect use for the heavy weight yarns.:devil We also the now how to layer!! I guess we have had an eay winter so far, so someone turn on the AC. Perfect day to spend indoors to work on projects. Stay warm:hug the birds chirpping and longer daylight are coming soon.

Welcome! And I'm glad to see you survived our bout of late Wisconsin winter. It's not supposed to be 50 and then -10 two days later! Not to mention the -30 windchill. *grumble* hehe

Hi-I am Mary . So excited to find a place w/ other people that crochet. My daughter is a knitter and keeps trying to teach me, but I have crocheted for years and one needle is all I can handle right now.

Hi, Mary! I live near NYC, but my boyfriend is originally from Eau Claire. We will be going there this year for his brother's wedding (I'd better get started on that wedding afghan!). I'm also a gardener and I really should order seeds, like, today. This is a late start for me...I think I've been happily distracted by crocheting!

I am a knitter who started crocheting recently. I just love the pretty stitches made by crochet and it makes my head spin with twice the possibility of projects. Have you taught your daughter to crochet? ;)

:wbrr I thought it was cold here!! Man. My husband went to school at U of Wis in Madison, and he's told me some stories about being cold. You people up there are very tough, much tougher than I am. I live in Colorado, and I've lived in Houston, and believe me, it's colder in Houston at 30 degrees than it is here at 30 degrees so I don't think I'd be happy at -22 in Wisconsin! My hat's off to you. Speaking of, you could do hats! They're very easy, and quick, and you can always use them! :lol There are lots of free patterns, notably on Lionbrand.com. Have fun, and you'll love this forum!!:yay

Welcom Mary from sunny Arizona, sorry about your weather, but pretty soon the "sorry" will be coming from you to me. Judy

Archived