Jimmie Lu

Anyone know

Question

where I can get a pattern for a doll that is sleepy on one side and you flip the skirt to see a different doll. Gosh I dont even know what they are called!!!:think

12 answers to this question

Sew Fun Patterns.comYou might try this site. I know what you mean. They're called Topsy-turvy dolls. You might do a search with those words, too. :hook

Oops sorry, those are sewn material dolls. Put in the words Topsy turvy doll crochet pattern. You'll gets lots of sites. Good luck!

there is a little red riding hood one, crocheted, but I can't think where I saw it.

I like the grandmother / red riding hood one! it's cute! I wonder how hard this would be to make, or sort of design your own....ok........i'm going to stop thinking about that one! I've got enough WIP's. lol too many to count.......I keep forgetting some too!

there is a little red riding hood one, crocheted, but I can't think where I saw it.

I've seen that before... and when you flip the skirt it's the wolf! :laughroll

I don't know anything about where you would get a pattern for this but I remember when I was little I had a Little Red Riding Hood one, but on the Grandmother half you could flip her sleeping bonnet and the wolf's face was on the other side! God, does that ever take me back!?? Acid flashback extraordinaire!:eek

do you mean the topsy turvy doll? if so here are a couple of links

http://www.******/crochet/toptur.html

here is teh red riding hood one

http://www.wendysweewoolies.com/topsy-turvy.html

Your first link is a good one. I like the Dorothy/Cowardly Lion doll - you could adapt that to the Sleepy/Awake baby doll very easily.

oh my gosh! I had one of these when I was a little girl and loved it. I had forgotten.......:( but when I saw the post I SO remembered the doll. Mine was little red riding hood and the wolf. Oh thanks for making me remember one of my first dolls.

I'm in love with that Little Red Riding Hood/Grandmother doll! I think I might just have to bookmark it... :devil

I had that doll too! I don't remember who made her for me, but I absolutely loved her. The idea of three dolls in one was just so amazing to me lol. I used to go around telling the little red riding hood story, flipping to granddma or flipping the bonnet to the wolf the wolf at the right parts of the story =) Happy memories! Thanks for the reminder =)