CatsCradleCreations

Floral Frenzy~~Sign Ups Closed

257 posts in this topic

I've got the groups assigned and they're listed on the first post. Basically, you send one package of 5 flowers to each person in your group except yourself. This means you are making 15 flowers and should receive 15 flowers in return.

I'll be sending e-mails out tonight, so check your inboxes tomorrow for your group's information.

Ok, I have a dumb question... I remember when I signed up for this we had a pretty lengthy questionairre we filled out with all kinds of specifics, but when I got my assignments none of that "info" was in the e-mail. Just the addys. Is the other info we filled out on that sign up page going to be e-mailed to us as well???

I think Melissa probably grouped thread people and yarn people together.

wuwu! i love surprising people! do you have any colors you're looking for?

70's colors would be the harvest gold, burnt orange, olive green, chocolate brown...daisys...and ANY flower you can think of! also, feel free to use any any any yarn...all is good.

I'm fine with being suprised.

What would a 70's style color/flower be to you?

I have been messing around with making flowers already mostly out of ww wieght yarn. Most of the colors I've used so far are purples, reds and yellows. I've been making up the flower designs myself. I'd start a flower then I'd see possibilities then alter it as I went along. It's been fun.

donnalynn,

i don't think it's a dumb queston, i was wondering the same thing myself. :yay

Ok, I have a dumb question... I remember when I signed up for this we had a pretty lengthy questionairre we filled out with all kinds of specifics, but when I got my assignments none of that "info" was in the e-mail. Just the addys. Is the other info we filled out on that sign up page going to be e-mailed to us as well???

does anyone have any specific flower requests? colors/patterns/sizes?? or yarns??? [QUOTE]

Heyyyy Group 7!! (Yes, that's you Tamara, Sharoninseattle and Yarndiva!) Same question for the 3 of you...anything you'd like or dislike?

Personally, I'm a big fan of purples and pinks (nothing too bright/neon, though, LOL), but would love a good mix of those with yellow, cream and red too...you know, "natural" colors. My plan is to make a winter scarf with them.

For you guys, I've already started some flowers from Homespun, which come out really funky and soft. I've been eyeing it with those, but I'm going to look at some patterns from here on out. :D

Yes, people, I goofed up last night when sending the e-mails and only sent the mailing information. :oops Go ahead, :kick me now.

I'll send out the preferences tonight. Give me a break; I was up past my bedtime and the caffeine du jour had already worn off. I'll fix it tonight--I promise! Sorry about the cornfusion. ;)

Hey Group 5!

Theresa (Crochet Fanatic)

Leslie (katandia)

Gina (GinaLaughed)

Melissa (dazy)

I just wanted to let you know that my addy is incorrect. Go ahead and PM me when you are ready to send. I'm over here in NM.....far from VA. :lol

Melissa....I can understand up past bedtime and worn off caffeine. I do my best work, uhhh, I mean mistakes during that time! :hook;)

Group 7........I have no idea what I'm doing, or what my preferences are :) I'm going to start making flowers this weekend and am open to suggestions for anyone. This is my first swap - so I'm really looking to you guys to let me know how we go about doing this.

Do we start a separate thread for our group?

Yes, people, I goofed up last night when sending the e-mails and only sent the mailing information. :oops Go ahead, :kick me now.

I'll send out the preferences tonight. Give me a break; I was up past my bedtime and the caffeine du jour had already worn off. I'll fix it tonight--I promise! Sorry about the cornfusion. ;)

No problem! I understand! It isn't like you're busy or anything! Running a zillion swaps and all! :loco I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!!!

nonono...no kicky kicky! you're doing a wonderful job...and i totally understand the whole cafeine wear off! speaking of... must refresh myself! looking forward to a fun swap!

Hey Group 5!

I just wanted to let you know that my addy is incorrect. Go ahead and PM me when you are ready to send. I'm over here in NM.....far from VA. :lol

I'll send the correct address out when I do the preferences tonight. I think what happened is I found Gina's name and then did a copy/paste on the address above her entry. I was wondering why the address looked so familiar....someone else in the swap group (as a whole) DOES live in VA.

Tamara, just keep all the posts going here. If you want, you can PM your swap groupies or you can add your group # in the post title.

eta: Group 6, you'll also be receiving a new name and addy (mine) when I mail out the preferences. One of the group members had to step out of the swap at the last minute, so I'm stepping in for her.

:cheer A big show of appreciation for all Melissa's work :clap ...no :kick... just a :flower

Glad you decided to join us, Melissa

Big "hello" Christine, Elizabeth and Kimberly...

How's all the flower making going?? i'm having fun trying diffrent things out:cheer

So far I've made 9. They are cute! They are a little smaller than I'd hoped, but it is fun trying all different patterns!

Katie:cat

i've gotten one done. and am working on #2! i'm such a slacker

I"ve made five so far but I've found so many great flower patterns, both at home and on the web, that I don't know which to do next. :think

Oh well, that's the kind of problem that you want to have. :hook

Ok guys...I haven't even started yet! I will start soon, I promise! I am trying to finish up a project for my Mom's birthday, so I am almost ready.

I'm making mine this weekend...this week has been a crazy work week...first week of auditions for the spring musical at school (3-8) and I'm Stage Manager...have I bitten off more than I can chew?

I am on my 4th set of flowers (I started mine as soon as I signed up) I also have one surprise almost done for my partners :cheer I plan on going shopping for some more colored thread this week :hook

:eek :eek :eek Oh my - I'd better get going.

It looks like my group Barb(barbn77), Ann (13bodies), and Michele - you are all organized, fast working crocheters, except me - a disorganized, get it in under the wire type of person.:blush I always come through in the end, though:hook .

I hope you will be patient with me. I won't have too much time in the next few days to work on these, but at least I hope to start!

Diane, you're not the only one who hasn't started; I was so busy getting everyone into groups and mailing out preferences that I haven't had a chance to sit down and crank out the flowers yet!

Don't worry, gals, I will get them done and out to you on time!

I made my ket chain for Donna I think I may do one for each partner and then I got to thinking Hey I can do a stitch marker like this also lol!!!! I am planning on doing more tonight!

I am also having a hard time, what is the best pattern to make the flowers, for some reason mine are not looking like flowers :think

I have spent the whole weekend so far cleaning as I have friends staying at my apartment while I am away on vacation - can not have them opening a closet and everything falling out on them....or have the gazillion WIPs and yarn floating around in every room!

I did squeeze in time for one or two flowers....I hope to get several more done tonight! I have a billion and one ideas floating in my head on what I can possibly make! What great fun!

Hey all,

I'm just about done. I might make a few more xtra flowers because I'm having such fun making them. The insructions said mail one at a time. I'd rather get them all out at once hope that's okay?

Samantha

Group4