CatsCradleCreations

Floral Frenzy~~Sign Ups Closed

257 posts in this topic

Ok...I just couldn't resist so I just signed up to do this. This will be my second swap and I'm so excited! :cheer

The first post is edited. If you filled in the form, please check the first post to make sure you are listed as a swapper.

Sammimag, thanks for the link to Crochet me. I've also added it to the first post. :hook

If anyone else knows of other flower patterns available, please list the URLs here and I'll put them on the first post. :)

Oh dear! I soooooo want to join up for this swap. But at the same time, my flower making skills are....well.....lets just say novice beginner would be my flower making title! :( I think that I will just sit back and watch and see all of the pretty flowers that you receive, and practice my flower making skills in time for next years round (yes, I am planning ahead here!)

Kimberly, you should sign up for this swap...making flowers is easy and quick and even if you have to frog something it won't be a whole lot of work...there are a ton of free patterns as well so you could just use some stash and see how you get on. Speaking purely for myself, it is so nice to get something somebody has made for me.

Come on Kimberly give it a shot I am new to flowers also and I have a ton of ideas so jump on in!!!

Twist Twist Twist *grin*

Thanks guys for all of the arm twisting - I'm going to have trouble crocheting tonight! :lol

I keep coming back to this thread going "well, maybe"

*sigh* Why not! If anyone has any issues with my flower skills.....well, my apologies in advance! You have been forewarned!

i just sent in my form. i've not done a swap before, and this will be a great one for me. i'm a garden nut even worse than a crochet fanatic (if thats possible). i love flowers in any form. i can imagine doing all kinds of fun things with a pile of flowers.:yay:flower:garden

Twist Twist Twist *grin*

Thanks guys for all of the arm twisting - I'm going to have trouble crocheting tonight! :lol

I keep coming back to this thread going "well, maybe"

*sigh* Why not! If anyone has any issues with my flower skills.....well, my apologies in advance! You have been forewarned!

:cheer Yay...I am so looking forward to this swap...it's going to be fun! I'm excited about everybody who has signed up, not just Kimberly! :cheer

I just love "flowers" :flower I made a rose yesterday from Annie's Attic, it was hard but once I got the hang of it, it became easy.

I just signed up and can't wait. :bounce

As much as I would love to participate with you guys, I'm going to have to sit this one out and just coordinate. If we have a summer or fall flower swap and someone else coordinates, I might be able to sign up then. With the square a month and SC SP, I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Be sure to post photos of your flower stash when you receive them! :)

Woo! I filled out the form (and just under the wire, too, huh? :lol ) This will be my first swap, and I'm so excited! I'd wanted to make a scarf from a bunch of flowers last year but could never get around to it...so I'm double-excited for this! :flower

LET THE BLOOMING BEGIN :) umm, can you tell I am excited? I love to make flowers and stuff that flowers look good on.

Making everyday count,

Christine

Okay, ladies. Sign-ups are closed and I'll begin assigning swap groups and mailing addresses soon. Don't worry; you'll have the addresses for your groups by Feb. 28 (Tues). The swap starts Wednesday, so have fun!! :flower

Late as usual I did sign up, my first swap but I am confused:think as usual, do we have to put the flowers on something or do can we just make the flowers all by themselves:think

I'm really looking forward to this swap!! I think I've decided to make myself an open work shawl (lattice looking) in white then attaching my (received) flowers to it. I haven't looked at patterns yet but I'm sure I've got several stich guides around here that can easily do the job. So far I've got a few flowers made- Need to make a few (dozen!) more! LOL!

Katie:cat

Late as usual I did sign up, my first swap but I am confused:think as usual, do we have to put the flowers on something or do can we just make the flowers all by themselves:think

This swap is just flowers. If you choose to include extras in your packages, that's up to you, but the flowers swapped are solo riders.

I've got the groups assigned and they're listed on the first post. Basically, you send one package of 5 flowers to each person in your group except yourself. This means you are making 15 flowers and should receive 15 flowers in return.

I'll be sending e-mails out tonight, so check your inboxes tomorrow for your group's information.

:yay I am sooooo excited I received my email with all the info I need:clap

I'm doing my flowers in thread and already have 2 finished for each of my partners Barb (barbn77),Ann (13bodies),Diane (rddugan) . The hardest part was picking out the flowers I want to do ..... it looks like you'll be ending up with a couple of extra surprises in your packages :D

I am not really sure what I got myself into here! *grin*

I'm in Zurich today, but I will start hunting around for the final patterns to make for my group tonight once I am back in Brussels! I have several ideas floating around in my head, but not so sure that they are practical and fit into my available time (started a new job yesterday that was a very unexpected change).

Happy Flower Making everyone!

Group 4

Katie (Katie45694)

Samantha (sammimag)

Kimberly (Kimberly)

does anyone have any specific flower requests? colors/patterns/sizes?? or yarns??? i know i'd love to have 70's style flowers in 70's colors....bonus room in our house has wood panel from 70's and we're theme decorating the room!

I can't wait to get started!

I am asking the same from my group, what would you like? Colors, styles and such.

Look forward to swapping with you!

Kimberly (ktornatola)

Elizabeth (Elizabeth)

Su (Pink)

Making everyday count,

Christine

Group 4

Katie (Katie45694)

Samantha (sammimag)

Kimberly (Kimberly)

does anyone have any specific flower requests? colors/patterns/sizes?? or yarns??? i know i'd love to have 70's style flowers in 70's colors....bonus room in our house has wood panel from 70's and we're theme decorating the room!

I can't wait to get started!

I'm fine with being suprised.

What would a 70's style color/flower be to you?

I have been messing around with making flowers already mostly out of ww wieght yarn. Most of the colors I've used so far are purples, reds and yellows. I've been making up the flower designs myself. I'd start a flower then I'd see possibilities then alter it as I went along. It's been fun.

My only request is that they be "somewhat" natural looking as far as colors are concerned. Fortunately flowers come is so many different shades of almost every color! LOL!!

Katie:cat

PS: The ones I've made so far have been out of WW yarn, mostly around 2-3" diameter. They've been more pastel looking colors but my next few will be a bit bolder in color for you Reecie!

Happy flower making all :yay this is gonna be a fun swap :)...and group 2...i might sneak in a surprise or 2 as well:devil