CatsCradleCreations

Floral Frenzy~~Sign Ups Closed

257 posts in this topic

It's time once again for the Spring Flower Swap! I'm Melissa, and I'm coordinating this Floral Frenzy.

*Sign-ups for this swap are now closed.* This swap will run from March 1-April 30, so you will have nearly 2 months to complete this swap.

All packages should be mailed no later than April 20th for domestic mail, and April 15th for international mail.

For this swap you will make 5 flowers for each member in your swap group, and receive 5 flowers from each one in return. You will receive a short list of names with the people to make flowers for a few days before the start of the swap (i.e. March 1st). Your name will also be on that list; send a package to each person in your group--these can all be shipped at the same time to save trips to the Post Office. I will do my best to keep the lists small, no more than 3 or 4 people per group.

Someone mentioned adding 'extras' to the packages. This is acceptable, but not required. :)

This swap runs from March 1st through April 30th.

E-mail the coordinator when you send or receive a package so that she can update your record.

Thank yous are a requirement, and can be sent via e-mail, e-card, or postal mail, and of course posted at Crochetville. I ask that everyone remember that what they receive took time to make and the sender really should be thanked. The sender would also like to know their package arrived safely, so please get in touch with them somehow.

Place “Crochetville Swap†somewhere on your package so that the recipient can jump in excitement when it arrives.

Since we are an international group and everyone is more than welcome to participate, that means that someone in your swap group may live across the world. When you sign up for a swap, I will ask you if you can ship overseas.

Most importantly – have fun!

~~> means package has shipped to person(s) to right of arrow

username means package has been received by said person to right of arrow

Name (username) means swapper has shipped all three packages and they have all been received

Ex.

1. Suzie (SuzieQ) ~~> JimBob, Daisy May, Bubba

Suzie has sent packages to JimBob, Daisy May, and Bubba, but only

Daisy May has received hers

2. Suzie (SuzieQ) ~~> JimBob, Daisy May, Bubba

Suzie has sent all packages and all have been received

When all four names in the swap group look like Ex. 2, that group's swap is officially over.

Swap Groups:

Group 1

Kimberly (ktornatola)

Elizabeth (Elizabeth)

Su (Pink)

Christine (athena308)

Group 2

Barb (barbn77) ~~> 13bodies, rddugan, Michele

Ann (13bodies)

Diane (rddugan)

Michele (Michele)

Group 3

Jimmie Lu (Jimmie Lu) ~~> donnalynn2, susandoty48, TCsgirl

Donna (donnalynn2)

Susan (susandoty48) ~~> Jimmie Lu, donnalynn2, TCsgirl

Karla (TCsgirl)

Group 4

Katie (Katie45694) ~~> sammimag, reecie, Kimberly

Samantha (sammimag) ~~> reecie, Katie45694, Kimberly

Teresa (reecie) ~~> Katie45694, sammimag, Kimberly

Kimberly (Kimberly)

Group 5

Theresa (Crochet Fanatic) ~~> katandia, GinaLaughed, dazy

Leslie (katandia)

Gina (GinaLaughed)

Melissa (dazy) ~~> Crochet Fanatic, katandia, GinaLaughed

Group 6

Melissa (CatsCradleCreations)

Bonnie (BonnieCrochets) ~~> Emeraldmoon, CatsCradleCreations, crazzy cow

Cathey (Emeraldmoon)

Becky (crazzy cow)

Group 7

Tamara (Tamara)

Sharon (sharoninseattle)

Beth (yarndiva)

Frann (CityGirl)

Button to download: fswap.gif

Flower Patterns at CPC

Flower Patterns at Crochet me

I signed up this looks like fun, i took a look at some of the flower patterns at CPC and they are really pretty :)

Oh boo hoo - I dont know how to make flowers but they are on my list of things to do - :think

Oh boo hoo - I dont know how to make flowers but they are on my list of things to do - :think

You still have some time before sign ups are over for practice if you'd like. If you can read a pattern, you should be able to work at least some of the flowers on Rachel's site (CPC). This swap doesn't have a limited number of swappers.

I am so excited about this swap! I just signed up! I haven't made too many flowers yet but this will help get me into the swing of things!!!!

This sounds so much fun. But I am still unsure how it works. I know just say :think .. I was wondering is there a certian size for the flower? Or is it a block with flower on it? And when it is all done well there be enough to make a afghan or something small?

There is more information on the sign up page where you can specify yarn/thread types as well as sizes.

I just signed up!

Katie:cat

I'm so excited! :cheer I just completed the survey and am looking forward to this swap! I watched last year's Flower Swap and loved reading and seeing what everyone made. :manyheart

I'm not sure what the "guidelines" for flowers are, if any, but what I saw of last year's round there were flower embellishments (just flowers) and some people went further and made flower-themed items such as dishcloths, squares, a purse with flowers, a hat with a flower. That was very generous of them to make something featuring a flower. I would imagine this swap just requires that you make flowers (to add to whatever the recepient wants to add them to) but, as in most swaps, you're welcome to be creative and do more than what the minimum requirement is, further suprising your partners.

Disclaimer: I'm not a flower swap coordinator. ;)

I received a form response that just said "Theresa" on it. If this is you, please fill out the form again so I can add you to the list. Thanks!

So sorry!! That was me! I think I just bumped the enter key while starting it out... I did redo the form. Did you get it?

Theresa Grant

yay, i'm soo totally in! i love making flowers...you tell me what you likey i makey

So sorry!! That was me! I think I just bumped the enter key while starting it out... I did redo the form. Did you get it?

Theresa Grant

Nope. Still didn't get it. :(

I signed up yesterday. I'm looking forward to this to participating in my first swap. Here's a link to more flower motifs on crochetme. It had cool idea what you could do with all the flowers.

My very first C'ville swap was last year's Spring Flower swap and it was a great deal of fun! I still have my lovely flowers on my AJ's wrist bag and the beautiful card from Fiona sits on my desk. :D I use the bag for my new digital camera.

I've signed up again. :clap

I just signed up...this sounds like a wonderful swap!

I think my new addiction is 'swaps'...