People who are rude about crocheted items...

Suebee~~~~tooooo funny. Yep, I have gotten a few of those "unappreciative" comments as well. Mostly it comes from those who don't have a "creative cell" in their body. Maybe they are "Wally World" marketing reps who are scared that the Crafters of the World will unite and put them out of business......

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wore a poncho to work once. A coworker asked me if I made it. I told her I did. She said, "I would never wear a poncho, it makes people look so fat."

Poor thing. LOL! It happened in the staff room, before a staff meeting and everyone was there-- now we use it as a joke. feel bloated.. just say..

I'm having a poncho day.

It makes her angry when everyone uses it as a joke. Everyone was so shocked by what she said, but they sure turned the tables, and now she is the joke.

I wore a poncho to work once. A coworker asked me if I made it. I told her I did. She said, "I would never wear a poncho, it makes people look so fat."

Poor thing. LOL! It happened in the staff room, before a staff meeting and everyone was there-- now we use it as a joke. feel bloated.. just say..

I'm having a poncho day.

It makes her angry when everyone uses it as a joke. Everyone was so shocked by what she said, but they sure turned the tables, and now she is the joke.

Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? I mean how unnecessary for the co-worker to be so critical.

Ponchos are awesome creatures :P and I don't think they make a person look fat! Obviously the rest of the devloped nations don't think so either :think or so many people wouldn't be wearing them! We get the 'gotta be skinny' shoved down our throats on TV, magazines, etc., and if ponchos made you look fat people wouldn't be wearing them. I actually use them to cover some fat :D because I just had a baby... 12 years ago:laughroll and I'm still carrying a little extra weight!:devil

:cheer Donna, your poncho is great. What a huge amount of work you have put into it so feel proud of yourself and not let her words hurt you.

The only reason I dont wear ponchos is because I dont like things hanging over my arms. If I have sleeves, I push them up and if I am wearing a jacket, I always feel like I need to take it off to do anything so a poncho would annoy me.

Funny how we all feel different about these things.

I love making them but stick to little kids ones now as an adult one would take too long to make and I really cant be bothered.

Maybe if my dear old mum asked me to I would but otherwise, no.

Afghans are a great way to satisfy my urge to crochet because I can stop when I have had enough and call it a baby blanket.

Keep up the good work ladies and dont let the non-crocheters get you down.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I was in the grocery store and saw a woman and her little boy and he was wearing a cute stocking cap. I asked her if she made it and she said no but it does look homemade doesn't it? I was sort of insulted but I know she didn't mean anything by it. It was a cute cap.

Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? I mean how unnecessary for the co-worker to be so critical.

Ponchos are awesome creatures :P and I don't think they make a person look fat! Obviously the rest of the devloped nations don't think so either :think or so many people wouldn't be wearing them! We get the 'gotta be skinny' shoved down our throats on TV, magazines, etc., and if ponchos made you look fat people wouldn't be wearing them. I actually use them to cover some fat :D because I just had a baby... 12 years ago:laughroll and I'm still carrying a little extra weight!:devil

Paulette, you just made me laugh out loud! May I say, I just LOVE all you guys - you never fail to make my day!!! Viva la Crochetville!!! The greatest place on the internet!!:hug

You know what's really amazing? The "Get Skinny" thing is getting so out of hand that even Entertaintment did a show called The Thinning Of Hollywood about how scary it is that so many teen starlets are dropping pounds and getting so small.

:cheer Donna, your poncho is great. What a huge amount of work you have put into it so feel proud of yourself and not let her words hurt you.

The only reason I dont wear ponchos is because I dont like things hanging over my arms. If I have sleeves, I push them up and if I am wearing a jacket, I always feel like I need to take it off to do anything so a poncho would annoy me.

Colleen.:hug

:D So cool how different we all are. The reason I WEAR ponchos is because they drape over my shoulders and arms and are especially comfortable at work. As a court reporter (the one in the courtroom with the little machine between her legs ~ *we're not even gonna go there :irk* ~ 'typing' everything down) it is terribly uncomfortable for me to have long sleaves on blouses or sweaters, yet the courtrooms are kept quite cold which is also very uncomfortable. I've developed my own court reporter 'uniform' which consists of long skirts, flowy tops, and ponchos! It's awesome. Of course I accent with pantaloons, wrist warmers, and socks that I put pretty crochet accents on! One of the Public Defenders in the court next-door to mine always comments *favorably* on my 'outfit of the day'... she always says, "oh, I wish I had the guts to dress like that." and she expresses great admiration when I tell her proudly "I MADE THAT.":cheer

My response would have been

" I made it during one of my manic depressive stages. The medications make me feel so much better, and I am so happy to be able to work to assist people like you!" Smile sweetly, and mutter "bitch" under my breath.

or "Thanks for the interest, I like doing things with my hands... what do you do with yours?" and smile sweetly.

My other thought is that this woman needs a good bonk and needs to get a life! Bitter people like this are usually their own worst enemies.

I think the poncho is fabulous. Where did you get the pattern from..:cheer I love it.

Archived