Just for fun all 12 Birthstone Doilies (Publishing update)

Katchkan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was another word for congratulations! I am so happy for you to be published in Annie's Attic. I definitely will be looking forward to that publication! You are a talented artist, Kathy and I am impressed with your creativity. I stand (or sit if you prefer) in awe of you. I hope you are still enjoying your tote bag and book. I am still disappointed that my crochetville bag was stolen....it had your emerald star doily pattern and my work in it....I was working on that pattern. I am sooooo disappointed. Oh well, thank you for the beautiful slide show and thank your DH for putting it all together for us.

How fantastic!:yay:woo Congratulations, Kathy.

I was hoping this would happen. I couldn't imagine anyone not wanting to publish them. I can't wait for the book to come out! Please let us know!

I can't believe they didn't buy them ALL! They're all GORGEOUS. So how do we get the amethyst one if they aren't putting it in a book? That one was (is) one of my favs. I can't wait till the book comes out. That's one I'm getting, even tho I don't usually purchase patterns. Can't wait!!!

I can't believe they didn't buy them ALL! They're all GORGEOUS. So how do we get the amethyst one if they aren't putting it in a book? That one was (is) one of my favs. I can't wait till the book comes out. That's one I'm getting, even tho I don't usually purchase patterns. Can't wait!!!
They still have the other six doilies, It is my understanding that they sent them to another division and they may use them yet. So until I know for certain they aren't going to use them I am not free to do anything with them. I can't even begin to tell you when I will know. They move at their own pace. But Annie's Attic is pretty big and has all sorts of departments and they all have their specialities.

If they don't want them then I will probably put them all together into a booklet on my website. I promised they would be availabe one way or another.

Just thought all of you would like to know that 6 of these doilies are going to be Published by Annies Attic. They are putting them in a book called Old Fashioned Doilies. They may add 2 others to it but that is not definite yet. I have no idea when the Book will be out. The six that are going to be published are

Opal Pineapple and Rose,

Ruby Dreams,

Topaz Temptations,

Aquarmarie Stardust,

Sapphire Enchantments,

and Treasured Turquoise,

They may be adding the Josephine Rose and the Harvest Dance.

As you can well imagine I am very excited about this. I do want to Thank all of the people who have tested for me. You have been great. A few of the doilies I am reworking for them in different color schemes. So have been busy with that here lately.

How exciting, Kathy! :yay Congratulations!

But I like your name for them better!

Kathy, all of your doilies are gorgeous and :cheer :cheer congradulations on getting some of them published, I personally think they should have published them all. What is the name of the book going to be?

• 3 weeks later...

"Just for fun " HUH?:eek ...just for fun I watch "Friends" reruns.....but you just "whip up" 12 awesome designs....not 1 or even 2...... but 12! Your work takes my breath away! It is stunning:manyheart

congratsguy.gif Kathy, they are just beautiful..I have pickup thread crochet again..I was working on a Filet one and I just had to back away from it it was giving me a head ache :angry ..I found some of my old doilies books and now am am just whipping them along .Can't wait for your book to come out..:clap

Kathy a great big congratulations to you for having some of the doilies published (for now)...I'm sure they'll use all of them eventually, they are all gorgeous. I was proud to have tested the turquoise treasure, thank you for letting my try it and letting me learning something new while I was at it.

Indeed keep us informed of the progress, I can't wait to see the book in print :hug

Wow! Each is prettier than the next! And, I love the colors you chose, too. I'm sure you'll find a publisher! Good luck and let us know when we can buy the book!

:hug

Krista

• 1 month later...

Kathy,

Your birthstone doilies are BEAUTIFUL!!

I was wondering if you've heard anything more about when they will be published.

I just started making doilies (finished 2 small ones and have 2 more started).

I noticed that you are the Diva Doily Designer and have enjoyed looking at your creations. Do you have any tips for us new threadies? What's your favorite resource? Your favorite doily book?

Thanks for inspiring me to try doilies!

Carla

Kathy,

Your birthstone doilies are BEAUTIFUL!!

I was wondering if you've heard anything more about when they will be published.

I just started making doilies (finished 2 small ones and have 2 more started).

I noticed that you are the Diva Doily Designer and have enjoyed looking at your creations. Do you have any tips for us new threadies? What's your favorite resource? Your favorite doily book?

Thanks for inspiring me to try doilies!

Carla

You make me blush.:blush

Tips for new threadies is just relax and think of it as very thin yarn and enjoy the process. What I love about thread is the stitche show so well and the piece is normally carried by the stitch patterns and not the colors.

I get most of my thread from http://www.hhtatting.com/

As For Books I haven't used a doily pattern in years. I used to like the Magic Crochet Magazines but alas they are no more. So I can't recomend any praticular book.

I don't know the release date for my book of doilies. I should probably ask, Will let you know when I know.

Wow... my Mom told me about this so I had to look it up. What an amazing way to show off your work. You DH did a great job! Your Doilies are beautiful. I would love to test for you sometime so I will be keeping an eye out for your new designs. This is one book I will have to look for to buy. Good luck!!!

Archived